Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 30
Fields of study Aerospace Engineering & Space Sciences
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 54383
Applications are now invited for the fellowship by Zonta International. Annually, the Fellowship is awarded to nearly 30 women pursuing Ph.D. degrees in aerospace engineering and space sciences. The fellowship may be taken at any university or college delivering recognized post-graduate courses and degrees in these fields. Also, this fellowship aims to expand the opportunities for women in aerospace engineering and space sciences.
- Application deadline: 15 November 2022
- Awarding institution: Zonta International
- Number of fellowships: 30
- Result Notification: End of April 2023
- Location: Different Countries
- Fields of research: Aerospace Engineering and Space Science
- Fellowship value: US$10,000
Why this fellowship?
Worldwide, women constitute around 25 percent of the workforce in the aerospace industry. In a stride to accomplish its mission that women find access to all resources and enjoy representation in decision-making positions on an equal basis with men, Zonta International offers the 2023 Amelia Earhart Fellowship for outstanding women researchers in the fields of aerospace engineering and space sciences.
- Amelia Earhart Fellowships receive generous support from the Zonta International Foundation Amelia Earhart Fellowship Fund.
- It covers expenses such as tuitions, books, living expenses, supplies, and required equipment for the program.
- Eligible are women of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree and demonstrating an exceptional academic record undertaking research in aeronautical engineering or space sciences.
- At the time of application, students must be enrolled in a full-time Ph.D./doctoral program and have completed at least one year of that program or have achieved a master’s degree in an aerospace-related subject.
- Applicants must not have completed their Ph.D. or doctorate program before April 2024.
- Post-doctoral research programs do not qualify for the Fellowship.
- The Zonta Foundation for Women and Zonta International do not accept applications from classified members (club members and people with direct membership in Zonta International), employees of the organizations, or members of their immediate families (spouses, partners, siblings, nieces, and/or cousins).
- Former Amelia Earhart Fellows are not qualified to reapply for the Fellowship for a second year.
Evaluation and selection process
First, the Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship Committee assesses the applications and recommends the recipients to the Zonta International Board. Then, the board evaluates all applications based on the criteria stated above.
How to apply?
Applicants may apply by completing and submitting the application in English using the online application form linked below.
The Amelia Earhart Fellowship document in PDF may only be used for preparing purposes.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].
To learn more about Amelia Earhart Fellowship, please refer to Zonta’s website.
You may also be eligible for these opportunities:
- “Apple Entrepreneur Camp” 2022 for Female Founders and Developers Worldwide
- Sunhak Peace Prize Foundation 2022 Peace Motion Graphics Competition (10,500$ in Prizes)
- Free Online Course on ‘Building a Career in Tomorrow’s Workplace’ by University of Exeter
- Free Online Course on ‘The Anthropology of Social Media’ by University College London
- IFRC Free Online Course on ‘Sustainable Development in Humanitarian Action’