Opportunity ID 10793
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
The Afghan Junior Faculty Development Program which is going to take place in January to March 2020 in India and supports by the American University can be a unique opportunity for Afghan university instructor to equipped with professional training, workshops, seminars, professional conference, etc. the participants will support by full scholarship.
Details of the Afghan Junior Faculty Development Program:
Deadline: 25 November 2019 Result announcement date: Beginning of December 2019
Duration: 10 Weeks Location: India
Host University: American University of India Sponsored country: USA
Related field: Economics Gender: Female and Male
Required language: English
Benefits of AJFDP:
- Health insurance and accident benefits
- Study material costs
- Traveling expenses
- Must be an Afghan citizen and working full-time with private or public higher education institutions in Afghanistan.
- Must have work experience (1 to 5 years).
- Must have a bachelor’s degree.
- Must be interested in continuing their teaching in Afghanistan Universities.
- Must have volunteer experience
- Have excellent leadership skills and experience
- Be proficient in English
- Must be committed to return to Afghanistan after completing the course
- The program will only support the participants, not their spouses or children.
- Applicants who are living outside of Afghanistan, or have Dual or US citizenship cannot apply to this program.
- Applicants who are working with US embassy/USAID or any family members, or pending immigration application can not apply.
- Application form (sign the first page of the application form).
- Academic diploma and transcript
- Three recommendation letters from academic institutions and work supervisors.
- English result screenshot of TOEFL IBT over 61 if applicable.
- Update curriculum vitae or resume.
- Personal statement, explains the professional objectives over the next five years and how you wish this program can help you to receive those goals. Moreover, make sure to answer the below questions:
- What is your vision on the level of education in University?
- How do you start to work through this vision?
- What is your plan for the future to work for this vision?
- What do you want to know about American society and culture?
- Which part of your own culture and history, etc. you want to share with American faculty and other participants and people who are around where you will be living?
- What are the benefits of this program for you and other participants (students, departments, and administrators) at your university?
- Objective statement including which program you want to perform and the information below:
- The implementation plan of what you learn during the program when you return to your home country.
- The elements of faculty development and or academic capacity building you want to focus during the grant (like curriculum development, assessment, leadership in education, educational administration, technology using in the classroom, academic governance, new methods, or research materials in your field, etc.).
- Future plane.
Note: the documents must be in English, scanned, and in one single PDF format.
Application will be selected based on their leadership skills and qualifications, teaching interest in Afghanistan Universities, professional objective statement, personal statement, TOEFL score, work experience, involving successfully to academic life in India.
How to apply:
- Download and read the application instruction form
- Fill the application form and sign the first application form.
- Provide the other documents.
- Send them to KabulJFDP@state.gov
For more details, please, visit the US Embassy Website