Opportunity ID 110937
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 6
Duration One year
About Citizen’s Charter/MRRD:
The Citizens’ Charter is a National Priority Program (NPP) of the Government of Afghanistan. The Citizens’ Charter is an inter-ministerial, multi-sectorial NPP, where Ministries have cooperated jointly to provide basic services to rural communities.
Position Title: Provincial Accountant
Job locations: Baghlan, Kunduz, Panjshir, Kapisa, Laghman and Nengrahar
Employment Type: Full-time
Vacancy #: 488/HRMD/CCNPP/MRRD
Salary: As per the NTA salary scale
Organization: Citizen Charter/MRRD
Working experience: 4 years
Contract duration: One year (extendable)
Gender: Male and Female
Closing date: 8 March 2021
Citizen Charter/MRRD is looking for 6 Provincial Accountants for six different provinces who will work in the framework of the CASA-1000 power transmission line project. Eligible applicants can apply after reading the details below.
Duties and responsibilities:
The key responsibilities of the position are to:
- Ensure timely collection, review and filing of the supporting documents (invoices, bills, timesheets etc.) and ensure accurate filling of the same.
- Verify all disbursements and closures forms according to the content and in conformity with the CCAP-OM & FMM guidelines.
- Certify and enter the bank account number mentioned in the introduced format and ensure that is unique and has no duplicity with bank accounts of other CDCs/CCDCs and the requirement of four persons, from the CDC/CCDC authorized to withdraw funds is complied with.
- Make sure all CDC payments, expenditures and closure forms along with ancillary documents (bills, quotations, etc) are precisely checked and documented upon each withdrawal of cash from the bank account by the CDCs.
- Reconcile the records to assure all the pre-request for second and subsequent installments have been met and relevant forms have been filled.
- Share monthly reports, within one week of the end of the month, with the head office for the CDCs supporting documents to be collected and filed.
- Assist the Accountant to prepare monthly reports for withdrawals, utilization and advances by the CDCs during the month and cumulative to date.
- Assist the PMU Accountant with the preparation of the daily & quarterly disbursement report and reconciliations.
- Assist PMU Accountant in preparing the monthly payroll.
- Assist the PMU Accountant in the clearance of advances of the PMU operation account with the Operational Unit.
- Collect financial reports/information from the district Admin & Finance Officer, review and verify and then submit to the PMU Accountant for additional review.
- Help the PMU Accountant in holding training to district staff on how to prepare CDC/CCDC expenditures and supporting documents.
- Assist PMU Accountant to make sure District Admin/Finance Officer regularly monitors CDC financial documents.
- Communicate with Admin/Finance Officer on Grants-related issues.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the PMU Accountant or Provincial Manager.
- The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, BBA, Economics, CAT/FIA or any other relevant field.
- A minimum of 4 years of related experience (experience in financial management will be desirable).
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- General understanding of accounting and posting entries.
- Robust analytical skills, particularly in the context of rural community, is highly desirable.
- Be fluent in English, Dari and Pashto.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Management and team leadership ability.
- Having the required skills in general management. •
- Writing and communication ability in a professional and related area.
- Be a good team player.
How to apply for these jobs?
Candidates can apply by sending their up-to-date CV, required university documents certified by MoHE, and all work experience documents according to their CVs, by the deadline (please make sure that the size of documents you annex is not more than 4MB).
Note: Any application not having the afore-mentioned documents will be considered incomplete and therefore, the applicant will not be shortlisted.
While sending your CV clearly mention “the title of the position and Vacancy Number E.g., Provincial Accountant – 488/HRMD/ CCNPP/MRRD” in the subject line of your email; otherwise, your applications will not be taken into account.
Submission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: CCNPP strongly encourages women to apply.