Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 30
Duration 3 Months
About Particip GmbH and the project:
The overall aim of the Particip-GmPH Consultancy for Third Party Monitoring and Evaluation of the health services is to assess the performance and improvement of the healthcare system (Sehatmandi) through annual national health facility valuations (Balanced scorecards (BSC)), semiannual HMIS Verification & Functionality Assessments (HMIS V/FA), Drug Quality Assessments (DQA) and Afghanistan COVID-19 Emergency Response and Health Systems Preparedness (ERHSP) Project.
Participat GmbH Afghanistan is hiring 30 BSC, provincial officers, for some provinces who will work in the framework of the organization’s planned project. Eligible applicants can apply after reading the full details below.
Position Title: BSC Provincial Officer
Job Locations: Logar, Ghowr, Badghis, Farah, Faryab, Herat, Laghman, Nimruz, Nuristan & Wardak
Employment Type: Full-time
Vacancy #: VA/2021/Particip/110
Salary: According to Particip GmbH field salary policy
Organization: Particip GmbH Afghanistan
Working experience: Two years
Contract duration: three months
Closing date: 02 March 2021
Duties and responsibilities:
- Complete training on data collection procedures and measures and maintain consistency
- Partake in pre-and post-training assessments
- Participate in the field test
- Collects the BSC data from the assigned (EPHS/BPHS) health facilities according to protocols defined
- Gather the data on the quality of care indicators specifically targeted at BSC annual health facility assessment of BPHS and EPHS in line with established protocols
- Undertake other data collection activities as assigned by the field manager or Kabul office.
- Review all data collected on a daily basis (on the spot) to find out mistakes or missing information and be ready to go back to the facilities for correction/clarification as needed to ensure high-quality data collection.
- Function as focal person for BSC in the province.
- Coordinate with local health officials and local communities to assure successful data collection.
- Pay a visit to and collect data from the assigned Health Posts.
- Assist the field manager with developing a security plan to help ensure the safety and security of the Provincial Officers.
- Update field manager on the status of the field work and all field-related problems on a frequent basis.
- Submit all collected data to the Particip GmbH Kabul office after a final check.
- Ensure the submission of electronically collected data to the survey, by regularly connecting to the project webserver through an Internet connection, via WIFI or data bundle.
- Maintain the tablet and other survey tools safe and keep confidentiality of the data.
- Maintain tablets and other supplies of materials required for data collection and inform the field manager of needs of additional supplies in a timely manner.
- Indicate integrity with the values and ethical standards of Particip GmbH and Ministry of Public Health.
- Promote the vision, mission, and strategic goals of Particip GmbH.
- Demonstrate cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treat all people fairly without favoritism.
- Be a medical doctor (MD) or Higher level of education or degree in nursing, laboratory, and medical technology.
2- Professional experience
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation of health projects with government organizations, or International /national NGOs.
- Past experience in HMIS, DQA, and BSC surveys are an addition.
3-Other knowledge, additional competences
- Being able to visit the assigned health facilities in respective regions.
- Fluency in all local languages (Dari and Pashto) and knowledge of the English language will be a benefit.
- Ability to write daily activity reports.
- Familiarity with electronic data collection is a must.
- Highly motivated and committed to work.
- Ability to work well in a multi-cultural environment.
How to apply?
Eligible applicants are kindly requested to submit their CVs and letter of motivation with full contact details through the following email address:
Submission email: [email protected]
You must write in the subject line of your email the (vacancy number, job title and the province you’re applying for); otherwise, your application will not be considered.
Your email subject line should be: (VA/2021/Particip/110-Provincial Officer- [name of the province?])
Only candidates whose qualifications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for a written test or interview.
Late applications are not taken into account.