Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 20
Duration 6 Months
UN-HABITAT is a section of the United Nations working to enable and promote municipal & urban development. Afghanistan Programme is a strategic partnership of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan with CTG-UNHAB in promoting sustainable urban development. Since 1992, UN-Habitat has worked closely with the government, municipal and local authorities, especially Afghan communities, contributing to the physical and social reconstruction of the country.
Position Title: Revenue Mobilizer
Job Location: Balkh (7), Kandahar (7), Bamyan (2) and Nangarhar (4)
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: According to the ORG salary scale
Vacancy No: CTG-UNHAB-RMM 25/03/2021
Organization: CTG-UNHAB (NORAD)
Working experience: 2 years
Contract type: 6 months (extendable)
Closing date: 07 April 2021
The Afghanistan Program of UN-HABITAT’s Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP) is hiring 20 Revenue Mobilizers who will be based at the Regional Office for ROAP in Mazar, Herat, Bamyan and Jalalabad. Eligible applicants can read the details below and apply accordingly.
The position reports to Program Officers (Municipal Finance and Governance), Team Leader and Provincial Manager.
Under the Direct Observation of Team Leader/Provincial Manager, the incumbents’ duties and responsibilities are to:
Program implementation support:
- Support the effective and efficient implementation of program activities by working closely with the relevant institutions and project teams, at the national and local levels;
- Ensure coordination of different program parts among different provinces during the implementation of the sub-projects and activities;
- Help Provincial/Regional Managers in the development of yearly implementation programme work plans and coordinate the timely completion of contracted targets.
2) Contribute to UN-Habitat’s support to GoIRA and partners:
- Support the co-ordination and consultation with concerned Local Authorities at national and provincial levels;
- Organize provincial capacity development activities on programme components and technical procedures;
- Contribute to the enhancement and development of new ideas, concepts, innovations, new programs and approaches;
- Lead the municipal finance activities in the pertinent region:
- Support the sustainable increase in Safayi collection;
- Offer support in fostering municipal finance, revenue collection systems and Safayi taxes, especially of the Nahia offices;
- Monitor calculation of Safayi invoices in the database;
- Coordinate the Safayi invoice printing and distribution closely by working with the database department and GIS departments;
- Help the district staff in preparing Safayi invoices and revenue recording and reporting;
- Prepare land value and zoning timetable and application of the methodology with district and municipal staff;
- Ensure the social mobilization is appropriately coordinated with the Waklili Gozars
- Lead in enhancing municipal finance accountability and transparency;
- Support awareness raising on Safayi among communities by closely cooperating with Nahias and municipal revenue departments; and
- Work daily with revenue department;
Competencies (Select 3 Maximum)
- Ability to determine and resolve budgetary problems and identify sources for data collection. Takes pride in work and in achievements;
- Exhibits professional competency and mastery of subject matter;
- Is conscientious and efficient in delivering commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results;
- Takes inspiration from professional rather than personal concerns;
- Displays persistence when confronted with difficult problems or challenges;
- Remains calm in worrying situations.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
- Develops clear goals that are complaint with agreed strategies;
- Identifies priority activities and assignments;
- Diploma or University degree in Economics, Business Administration, Land Management and other relevant degrees.
- Applicants should have at least 2 years of experience in the field of municipal finance, financial management, preferably with the United Nations and other international organizations, and NGOs
- For the available positions, fluency in verbal and written Dari and/or Pashto is mandatory, but basic familiarity with the English language is preferred.
- Applicant’s familiarity with municipalities, their working procedures and framework is an advantage.
How to apply?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions online. Applicants should register on MyCTG website and follow other steps to reach “vacancy” and submit their application.
Apply for Bamyan.
Apply for Nangarhar.
Apply for Kandahar
Apply for Balkh
The vacancy reference number on the website: VAC-4545
- A cover letter explaining your qualifications and experience that meet the job requirements.
- A new resume detailing on all your qualifications and experience information.
- Education certificates need to be attached.
- The last two years’ performance evaluation form, work certificates, or three references from your former employers also need to be submitted for the position.
- Please indicate the VA Number for the position you want to apply for.
Note: To be considered for the position, you must submit all required documents. If you omit any of the required documents your application will not be taken into account.
Note2: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. In case of any difficulty registering yourself, you can contact +0093728220482 from 8 AM to 4 PM.