Opportunity ID 14716
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
As the old proverb says “an image is worth a thousand words”, this art contest designed by UNHCR is a chance for you to use your creativity for a good and valuable cause at a time of COVID-19. COVID-19 is affecting everyone on earth and the 70.8 million people who have fled their homes to seek shelter from conflict or prosecution before or during the outbreak now need to be protected for Coronavirus, like everyone else. This contest asks to use your talent to help UNHCR convey the message that everyone counts in the battle against COVID-19 including refugees!
While you stay home to be protected from the Virus, use your creativity to help protect the homeless and people lacking the proper facilities because of displacement. This is the sheer message of this Challenge.
Submission deadline: 10 June 2020. But you are encouraged to share your creation as soon as possible because UNHCR wants to publish the best ones first on its art platforms.
Target participant: Youth
Organizing institution: UNHCR
Who can participate?
Anyone between 12 and 25 years of age can take part. You do not necessarily need to be a professional artist. Your creativity in your own style can work to do this.
What is the prize?
The winners’ creation/drawing will be ANIMATED and SHARED on UNHCR’s platforms. This is a chance by which you can bring your art to life _whatever your desired manner is_ and get your work shared with its 8 million followers from around the world. UNHCR will also award you different kinds of other prizes.
Under the general message that Everyone Counts, you could choose on or more of the following themes:
- Everyone should be protected from the virus. Everybody should have access to water, soap, health services, and medication. Sadly, many displaced populations who have fled the war in their countries are in gravely bad conditions, which greatly put them at risk against COVID-19.
- Everyone should be kind to each other. The virus can impact anyone, so there is no reason to forget or deny it. UNHCR is concerned that refugees may become the target of discrimination.
- Everyone has a part to play in fighting the virus. Health workers. Humanitarian workers. Other people, by raising awareness and staying at home at all! Refugees also lead in the fight against the virus by helping older people, making soap and etc. actually, they are doctors and nurses joining the frontline work too.
Your art judgment criteria
The UN Refugee Agency will judge your creation on its creativity as well as how well it conveys its message. Inspiring hope and solidarity are the best things you do!
How do you create a creation?
You can either draw a single drawing or a comic strip.
- Option 1: You can draw or paint by hand on any type of paper or canvas and then scan or take a good quality picture of your drawing.
- Option 2: Create your drawing/painting on your computer with the use of a design program, ensuring a minimum quality of 300 pixels.
Once your creation is completed, submit it as a pdf, jpeg, or png.
Do not hesitate to also post your drawing on your own social media accounts using the hashtags #everyonecounts and #withrefugees.
How to submit your creation?
You can submit your artwork online on the platform of UNHCR by filling the information in the language you choose.
Submit your creation here.
Read more about the Art Contest on UNHCR Website.