Opportunity ID 92796
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 10
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
The United States Institute of Peace (USIP) is awarding a peacebuilding prize to woman peacebuilders who have made significant peacebuilding contributions in conflict-prone and fragile countries or regions but their efforts have been often overlooked. To this end, USIP intends to honor the inspirational work of women peacebuilders whose valor, leadership, and commitment to peace stand out as symbols of strength and hope. So, if you are the one who has played a key role in ending or prohibiting a conflict, it is for you to apply.
Details of the 2021 USIP Award
Registration close: March 8, 2022
Application Submission deadline: March 15, 2022
Finalist announcement: Summer 2022
Winner announcement: Fall 2022
Awarding organization: United States Institute of Peace (USIP)
Number of finalists: 10
Open to: Any women peacebuilder in the world other than a US national
Award value: $10,000 awarded to the winner in an awarding ceremony in the US in the fall of 2022.
In order to be eligible to win the award, all nominees must be:
- Women at least 18 years old.
- A non-U.S. citizen.
- Working to bring peace in a fragile or conflict-hit country or region.
- An employee of USIP or bear any affiliation with USIP as a contractor, awardee, fellow, or receiver of the Women Building Peace Award during the 2 years before the submission of this nomination application.
- Nominated by others (for an individual woman) for this ward. Self-nominations don’t qualify.
- The nominee must not have been nominated for this prize for the past two years.
Criteria for choosing the awardee include:
- Commitment to Peace: A woman whose work demonstrates a commitment to peace by thwarting or mediating a conflict nonviolently in a fragile or conflict-afflicted country or region.
- Extraordinary Leadership: A woman whose exceptional leadership and her vision and innovation has garnered the respect of her community in the pursuit of peace.
- Exceptional Practitioner: A peacebuilder who engages as a peacebuilding specialist in an inclusive and participative manner with members of local, national, or international communities.
- Colossal Impact: A woman whose peacebuilding work has produced tangible or perceptible results.
USIP will send a confirmation email to all nominators first to confirm that their nomination has been received. Second, it will notify all nominators of their nomination status.
How to apply?
Women nominees can submit their nominations through the FLUXX online portal. Only those nominating candidates should register for an account and women nominees do not need to register for an account.
So, the nomination process includes two steps:
- Registration for an account: All nominators must register for an account to access the FLUXX portal. The deadline for this is January 13, 2021. Remember this is not the end of nomination.
- After registration for FLUXX Portal, nominators will receive login details through which they can access the count and complete the nomination accordingly.
Register for FLUXX Account HERE.
If you face problems in accessing the online portal or seek further assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the award, you may go through the official link.
For more recent opportunities, please visit our new website: www.scholarships.af