Opportunity ID 14236
Language Requirement Not Required
How can we solve the global plastic problem?
One of today’s hot problem in the world is the plastic problem that will take 1000s of years to be omitted to form the land and causing chemical pollution in the seas.
Do you or with a team have an idea through making a solution for reducing plastic waste and STEM the Tide of plastic pollution?
The university of BIEA, STEM challenge 2020 aims to support individuals or a team up to 5 people who are inventors or designers who have started the entrepreneurial career. The applicants with a creative mind and willing to make a change and are role models of entrepreneurship for the next generations can take part. The innovation concept can be in engineering or technology such as software, design, energy, cleantech, materials, and medical devices.
Details of the competition:
Deadline: 31 July 2020
Result announcement: 15 August 2020
Number of winners: 1 team/individual
Value of prizes:
- 1000 Pound as a cash prize
- Access to ISTEM ambassador training and will become a certified BIEA ISTEM ambassador with accompany and mentoring of STEM professionals from an institution of Royal, British Council, UK engineering, etc.
- Help to solve the global plastic problem.
- Applicants can apply individually or within a team of up to 5 members.
- Applicant’s age must be between 18 to 21 years
- Applicants must be a student in a degree or equivalent qualification
- A summary of your innovation, the business idea no longer than 500 words
- A short presentation of your idea or research project no more than 30 slides. (the display should be in English and can be in PowerPoint file.
- Presentation video of your project no longer than 10 minutes.
Guideline for video entry:
The language of your video should be in English, and you can add the followings in your video:
- Team member’s introduction and your role
- Summary or outline of your project
- Explain why you want to perform the project
- Test or any experiments you accomplished.
- Safety aspects
- Your reaction through any social, financial, or technical problems if or your team face.
- Challenge positive and negative aspects.
- Address any resources or references you used.
- The video should be clear and hearable. Applicants can create their video on a phone, tablet, or video camera. The full consideration will be given to the project concept, not the camerawork.
How to apply:
Provide the requested documents to email@example.com before the deadline
Applicants can submit additional documents as supporting along with their videos.
Please include your name, email address, and team member’s name and institution in the submission.
Visit the competition official website to access more details
You may like to visit similar opportunities: