Opportunity ID 28066
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSPTE AcademicCambridge qualification
No. of Opportunity 2
Fields of study Various
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 4 years
The UCalgary International Entrance Scholarship is a respected award that recognizes exceptional accomplishments of an international student commencing their undergraduate studies.
The University of Calgary annually offers scholarships through two awards to undergraduate international students who enter the first year in any undergraduate discipline in the forthcoming fall term who have met the university’s English Language Proficiency requirement. It is worth noting that the awards are renewable in the second, third, and fourth year at the University of Calgary, providing that the recipients gain a GPA of 2.60 or higher over a minimum of 24.00 units in the preceding fall and winter terms.
Application deadline: 1 December 2020
Location: Alberta, Canada
Study level: Undergraduate
Duration: Four years
Starting semester: Coming fall
Number of awards: 2
Sponsor: University of Calgary
Award value: $15,000 (Renewable)
Undergraduate Award eligibility may be based on the following:
- Academic Excellence:
- Entering students from high school – based on admissions average.
- Transfer students – based on admissions GPA.
- Continuing students – based on GPA from preceding fall and Winter Terms with a minimum of 24 units completed.
- Full-time Registration – should register in at least 9 units in both fall and Winter Semesters for the year they receive the award.
- Financial Need(s) – identified based on information provided in the online awards application.
Other prospective criteria may include but are not limited to:
- Extra-curricular activities
- Study field
- International students who are not Canadian citizens or Permanent Citizens of Canada can apply.
- Similarly, the criteria for the Scholarship include not only academic merit but also accomplishments outside of the classroom.
English is the official medium of instruction at the University of Calgary. All applicants must present English language proficiency to be considered for admission to an undergraduate program.
- TOEFL, OR
- IELTS, OR
- PTE, OR
Awards payment information
For most award competitions, the award funds have two equal payments over fall and Winter Terms and are automatically applied to unpaid tuition and fees. Also, excess award funds are processed in October (Fall Term) and in February (Winter Term) by direct deposit to the receiver’s bank account.
Awardees must provide their banking information on the University’s website so that excess award funds can be electronically deposited.
How to apply?
The Online Award application is available through the link below and you must submit it by the mentioned deadlines. Furthermore, applying for admission will give access to apply for awards. Admission to the University of Calgary does not require a prior application for awards.
For further information about the scholarship, please visit the university’s website.