Opportunity ID 4957
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
United Nations in cooperation with The DAFI (Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative provides the opportunity for refugees to study their higher education in one of the 52 countries. If you are a refugee and want to participate at this program, read the announcement below:
The UN Refugee Agency offers higher education opportunities in partnership with The DAFI (Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative) in different countries since several decades up to now.
This program is offered for those who cannot pursue their higher education due to financial problem. This is not only offered for male applicants, but also for women and disabled people.
Level of study: Undergraduate
Duration: 3 – 4 years
Type of scholarship: full / partial
Benefits of DAFI Scholarship?
DAFI covers the following expenses in full or partially:
- Full tuition fee
- Mandatory equipment for higher education
In addition, the program provides the opportunity to learn language, psychological assistance, communication and full support
Who is eligible for DAFI Scholarship?
- Be identified as refugee and have an accredited document (certificate)
- have graduated from high school with great scores
- have no other support for higher education
- be applying to a field of study with duration of 3 or 4 years
- be at age of 28 or under 28 with the program start
- his/her family member have not received DAFI scholarship
- You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- Asylum seekers who have not (yet) been recognized as refugees;
- Refugees seeking resettlement in a third country.
Where can the successful applicants study?
Applicants can apply to study in one of the following 52 countries:
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Iran, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Azerbaijan, Russia, Turkey, Ukrain, Aljazaeer, Egypt, Kordistan in Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Mauritania, morocco, Syria, Yemen, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chad, Ivory Coast, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Libya, Mali, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Ecuador
How to apply?
Interested applicants can apply online.