Opportunity ID 14615
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
In response to the Coronavirus pandemic, the Government of the United Kingdom is going to donate financial support of (£200,000- £600,000) for garment and agricultural businesses with vulnerable supply chains in some developing countries. This funding scheme is set up as COVID-19 Vulnerable Supply Chain Fund (CVSCF) with a grant or/and technical assistance to assure vulnerable workers and suppliers in the two mentioned sectors are prepared for economic and social shocks of COVID-19.
Deadline: May 20, 2020 (5PM GMT)
Donating country: UK
Grant value: £200,000- £600,000
VSCF will accept and support proposals focusing on the garments and agriculture industries in at least one of the countries below:
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Chad, DRC, Ethiopia, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Niger, Nigeria, OPTs, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Uganda, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Applications from the following categories will be supported by VSCF:
- Businesses confronting industry challenges and in need of advisory/ facilitation assistance
- Businesses seeking to underpin the livelihoods of poor and workers and suppliers who are vulnerable to the current crisis in their supply chains
- Non-profit making organizations supporting MNCs/SMEs and their suppliers in particular sectors/ geographies
- Nonprofit organizations providing support for transparency and responsiveness mechanisms within/across specific supply chains
- Nonprofit organizations that support informal workers and smallholder farmers who are part of global supply chains
How to apply?
To apply for this grant, you should follow the steps below.
1. Prepare your concept note in the given template (CVSCF template).
2. Submit the concept note to COVID19vulnerablesupplychains@dfid.gov.uk by the deadline above.
There are possibilities for offering further rounds of grants as well but not guaranteed.
Note that only concept notes submitted in the given format are acceptable. Given the tight timeframe, submit it as soon as possible as the donator may get directly back to you for further discussing the concept note.
For further information please read the request for proposal.