Opportunity ID 93005
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Language of Instruction English
Application is open for TED Global Idea Search 2021. TED is going to host two global idea searches in the coming year of 2021 with a mission to hear big and bold ideas from each corner of the world. A selected group of people in each application round will be invited to give TED Talks either in person or virtually.
First-round application deadline: January 2021
Second application open: June 2021
Details of TED Global Idea Search
TED has offered a great opportunity for the people with unique and new ideas that worth spreading and can offer insight or new of thinking to a very large audience that worth spreading.
What ideas worth spreading?
To identify if your ideas worth spreading, you should ask the following questions before submitting your application to the TED Global Idea Search:
- Does your idea worth spreading offer the audience a unique insight?
- Does your audience learn something brand new?
- will your audience learn about a new solution to a problem?
- TED is not a platform for product pitches. Are you sure your idea is not a product pitch?
- have you checked the TED massive library and ensured that already there is not a talk about that topic?
How to apply?
If you have an idea that worth spreading and interested to apply to TED Global Idea Search 2021, you should follow the steps below:
- prepare a 2-minute video ( the instruction about the video will be provided in the application but in general you should consider the following points:
- use good lighting angled towards your face
- a stable camera with horizontal orientation should be used.
- ensure your sound is clear and audible. avoid recording and filming outside.
- to prevent exceeding the two-minute video, while answering all four questions, it is advised to write a script around 280-300 words.
- upload your video on YouTube or Vimeo and title your video: “Your Name- TED Global Idea Search”. Your video should be public or unlisted so that the TED does not need a password to view it.
- The following questions should be answered in the video:
- Who are you and what are your credentials?
- What is the idea you want to share?
- What insights will you leave the audience with?
- Why should we invite you to give a TED Talk?
- Apply online.
Other opportunities you may like apply:
- Call for Nominations: World Economic Forum Young Global Leaders Class of 2022
- The World Summit Awards (WSA) Young Innovators Award in SDGs
- Chinese Government Scholarship for Master and PhD Students at Dalian University of Technology
- Friends for Leadership UN75 Contest
- European University Institute (EUI) Policy Leader Fellowship’ for Policy Professionals Worldwide
- United People Global (UPG) 2021 Sustainability Leadership Program for Young Potential Leaders
- UNESCO TechCul Online Ideathon Challenge for Tech and Culture Leaders ($5,000 Prize)