Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Partially FundedSelf Funded
Duration 7 Days
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 107460
The Netherlands Education Group is organizing a Study Tour to UN-Headquarters and Other International Organizations in Vienna. It invites students, recent graduates, as well as anyone interested in international relations to join an amazingly interesting study trip to one of the 4 headquarters of the United Nations – to the UN headquarters in Austria. Furthermore, participants will have a chance to visit other International Organizations and widen their horizons in a charming city. So, want to experience a fascinating journey to Vienna _ one of the most beautiful cities in the world? If yes, this is the perfect chance for you to do so! Prepare and apply.
Deadline to apply:
Visit organizer: The Netherlands Education Group
Location: Vienna, Austria- Europe
Duration: One week (22-27 August 2021)
- During the visit, students will be able to not only visit the UN building and other International Organizations but also communicate with the staff and learn about their daily work.
- The host, especially, will organize a series of lectures about the UN in general and its individual units located in Vienna. The lectures will be conducted by the employees of several departments of the United Nations.
- Therefore, in the first place, the Study Visit will give you an idea of the immediate work of the organizations, and in the second place, will allow to communicate with the staff of various departments face-to-face.
- Also, the program has entertaining and cultural elements in one of the world’s most charming cities.
- After the completion of the program, students will receive a certificate endorsing participation in the program.
- This Study Visit is an enormously interesting event combining educational, cultural, linguistic and entertaining elements in one program!
Accommodation and living arrangement
- Students live in a hostel in shared rooms in the central area of Vienna.
- The accommodation cost is included in the program.
- Shared accommodation is included in the course price.
- Extra nights could also be added for an additional fee.
- A comfortable accommodation where you can stay during the program and fully enjoy your time in Vienna will be offered!
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and coffee-breaks) are not included in the price but could be added additionally. Please read here about additional services.
Program price/course fee
The price is € 850 which includes all materials costs and shared accommodation.
Prices for additional services:
- Transfer from/to the airport (one-way): € 50
- Single room: € 100 / per week
- Meals (3 times/ day): € 130 / per week
Program content and objective
The main goal of the Study Trip to the United Nations in Vienna is to introduce students to the UN headquarters and some other International Organizations in Vienna. What will you do during the Study Visit?
- See the UN complex from inside and outside
- Get general information about the work of the UN in Austria and in the world
- Learn about some of the individual units of the United Nations
- Communicate in-person with the staff of the United Nations in Vienna, ask questions
- Directly observe the working process at the UN
- Gain information about internship opportunities at the United Nations, know how to develop a career in the UN
- Visit other International Organizations in Vienna
UN headquarters in Vienna includes the following units:
- United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV)
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
- International Money Laundering Information Network (IMOLIN)
- International Narcotics Control Board (INCB)
- Office for Outer Space Affairs United Nations Postal Administration (UNPA)
- United Nations Information Service (UNIS)
- Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
- United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR)
- International Trade Law Division of the United Nations Secretariat / United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
- Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS)
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- United Nations Environment Programme – Interim Secretariat of the Carpathian Convention (UNEP Vienna ISCC)
- United Nations Register of Damage Caused by the Construction of the Wall in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (UNRoD)
Who can apply?
- Good command of English is mandatory to attend the course.
- Applicants of any age from any country is welcome to apply for the program.
- Applicants may demonstrate their interest in attending this program in some paragraphs.
How to apply?
Applicants may apply online for the program.
Alternatively, they could send an email to the following address: [email protected].
In this case, please indicate the “UN Study Visit (Vienna)” in the subject and provide the following details in the body of the email:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- The reasons why you would like to join the program and your expectations
- Any Additional Services
- Other wishes
For more information including payment methods and the binding conditions, you are advised to visit the official link.