Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 5
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Registration for the Sheikh Hasina Youth Volunteer Award 2020 is now going on. It is worth mentioning that Dhaka_ the capital of Bangladesh_ was declared as the “OIC Youth Capital 2020” by the Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF) on 25 December 2019. Due to the COVID-19 spread, the selection of Dhaka as OIC Youth Capital could not be well celebrated in 2020.
To celebrate the Dhaka OIC Youth Capital 2020, the government of Bangladesh has planned a series of mega events that will be hosted and run by various lead and co-lead ministries of the government. One of those events is “Sheikh Hasina Youth Volunteer Award 2020” which will be organized by the ministry of youth and sports as the lead ministry.
About the competition
The forum is a global network of individuals and organizations engaged in volunteerism and advancing the value of volunteerism for development through policy engagement, mutual understanding, and sharing creative practices and ideas.
Furthermore, the government of Bangladesh has designed the competition and award to honor youth’s volunteer role in an invincible spirit demonstrated by the youth in response to the covid-19 pandemic.
Registration deadline: 15 May 2021
Organizer: Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Bangladesh
Partnering organizations: Ministry of Social Welfare and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
It is held in two stages: national (Bangladesh) and international
The registration for the international stage is currently open and ten participants (individuals/organizations) will be shortlisted in five areas and from the following six regions of the world to join the competition.
- Volunteer leadership
- Services excellence
- Online volunteer campaign
- Best pioneering idea
- Exceptional youth-led voluntary organizations
- Middle East
- Rest of Asia
- North America
Awards and benefits
The awards will be as follows:
- Five winners from five categories
- Each winner will receive a 2500 USD cash award
- Each Winner will receive Trophy, Certificate, and funded Trip to Bangladesh to physically attend the Gala Closing Ceremony
Conditions for participation
- Youths from all the above 6 regions are eligible to apply.
- Citizens with Muslim background from the selected regions are eligible to participate
- Applicants must be between 18 to 35 years old
- Individuals/organizations applying must provide valid evidence of the voluntary activities
- Valid legal documents must be supplied in case of registered organizations
- The participants must adhere to the event’s regulations and procedures as stipulated by the organizing committee
How to apply?
Eligible applicants can apply online by filling and submitting the registration form.
- Individuals/organizations must submit their voluntary activities as instructed in the registration forms
- Participants can submit entries in multiple categories (max. 2)
- In submitting a video, it must not be more than one minute long and must be submitted in MP4 format (the size should be less or equal to 10MB)
For more information about the award and the motive behind it, visit the website of Dhaka Youth Capital 2020.