Opportunity ID 92110
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 2
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 2 years
Language of Instruction English
Overview of the fellowship
The International Peace Research Association (IPRA) Foundation is calling for applications for the Dorothy Marchus 16th Biennial Award 2021-22 Senesh Fellowship in Peace and Development Studies for Women from countries in the Global South region. Dorothy Senesh was a staunch activist for international peace and justice after whom this fellowship is named. So, if you are a woman and want to pursue graduate education in the field of peace studies, it is for you to apply.
Application deadline: 15 January 2021
Organizer: International Peace Research Association (IPRA) Foundation
Announcement of the award: 1 April 2021
Number of fellows: 2
Duration: 2 years
Biennially, two women receive school expenses amounting to $5,000 per year for two years ($10,000 in total).
- The Dorothy Senesh Fellowship is open to women from countries in the Global South.
- Applicants should have completed a Bachelor’s degree, accepted into a graduate program, and whose graduate work is to focus on issues of relevance to the IPRA Foundation’s goals.
- The candidate should have gotten admission into a graduate program to be eligible for receiving the fund. Applicants who demonstrate a greater need for financial resources are given preference for the fellowship.
- Students with significant funding sources may not have a greater chance for the award.
- Male students, undergraduates, or those from a non-global south country cannot apply.
How to apply?
The application for this fellowship is most likely through email; however, applicants would rather contact the program assistant through the following email. Applicants can submit their application in any of the three English, Spanish or French languages.
Necessary application materials:
- Application form (English, Spanish or French)
- Letter of Acceptance into your graduate program (it may be in pdf)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (referees must email letters directly to Ms. Crystal Money, Program Administrative Assistant.)
ALSO, EMAIL ONE COPY OF THE APPLICATION FORM To Program Administrative Assistant Ms. Crystal N. Money at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about applying for the fellowship (or any other information or questions regarding the Senesh Fellowship) please contact Crystal Money at: email@example.com.
To see the main call for application and the application in the two other languages, visit the IPRA Foundation’s website