Opportunity ID 13498
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
The Nikon Small World Competition, established in 1975, aims to recognize and provide supports for international photographers who are capturing their photos by the light of the microscope. If your photos can be of great significance to industry and science, do not wait to submit your images and win the prizes with a free trip to Japan.
Details of Small world Competition:
Deadline: 30 April 2021
Organization: Nikon Instrument Inc.
Result announcement: 15 August 2021
Number of winners: 20
- First winner: 3000 USD dollars with a traveling opportunity to Japan
- Second winner: 2000 USD dollars.
- The third winner: 1000 UDS Dollar
- Fourth winner: 800 USD Dollar
- Fifth winner: 600 USD Dollar
- Sixth winner: 400 USD Dollar
- Seventh to tenth winners: each winner will receive 300 USD Dollars
- Eleventh to twentieth winners: each winner will receive 200 USD Dollars
- 100 USD dollars will be given as honorable mentions
Sponsor: Nikon Instruments Inc., a Delaware corporation
- Applicants with professionalism or hobbyist can apply to this competition.
- International photographers who are shooting photos through the microscope can take part.
- During the competition date applicant’s age must be at least 18 years.
Who can not to Nikon Small World Competition:
- Applicants or their family members or their other relatives who are working with Nikon Instruments Inc, Shaw and Todd, Inc.
- Online application form
- Personal information with your organization or institution details.
- At least three photomicrography original photos taken by you.
- The submission format should be jpeg, png, psd, or tiff.
- The submission should be in high quality with regard to file size, bit depth, and resolution.
- The submission photo does not require to be taken by the Nikon-branded microscope.
- Photos should be taken by applicants using a light microscope.
- Do not upload the macro photography.
- The submission photos should not be nominated or competed for other competitions.
- English submission will be accepted.
- Do not submit your application to violates or infringes other’s rights.
- The submission should not be the sponsor of any administration or others.
- Do not add any brand name, address, logos, or trademarks on the submissions.
- The submission should be explicit and must not contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, bots, spyware, or any other computer code.
- The submission must not cover the inappropriate, indecent, discriminatory, obscene, hateful, tortious subjects.
The submission will be selected based on the followings after the deadline:
- creativity or originality of your images.
- Data content.
- Technical proficiency.
- Dramatic and visual impact.
How to apply:
Submit your photos and personal information on the online application form
Visit the Nikon Small World Competition website to gain more info