Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 3
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 110579
About the award
Nominations for the 2021 nature research awards for driving global impact are now open. The award is presented by Tencent to recognize tremendous efforts in any of the award focus areas.
- Deadline: 21 March 2021 (11:59 GMT)
- Announcement of shortlist: July 2021
- Winners announcement: November 2021
- Organizer: Tencent
Considering the critical role of science is in resolving global challenges, Tencent invites applications from early career researchers) working in these areas:
- Food security, water security and/or energy security – ensuring a long-term, sustainable supply of either food, water or energy.
- Healthcare interventions – the assessment, improvement or advancement of human health.
- Environmental protection – protection of the natural environment on land and water including the repair of damage.
- Climate change – slowing climate change and conforming to what’s inevitable.
- Sustainable cities – building green, livable & lasting cities.
Prizes & benefits
- Prizes will be granted to one winner and two runners-up.
- A grant of USD 30,000 will go to the first winner plus they will receive coverage on nature.com and on the Award’s website.
- The two runners-up will each earn a grant of USD 10,000 and coverage on nature.com and on the Award’s website.
- Shortlisted applicants will also be announced and featured on the Award’s website.
Researchers meeting the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Be employed by a university, research institution or any other not-for-profit organization.
- Possess a Ph.D. or clinical doctorate, one of which obtained not earlier than 1st January 2006.
- Lead an independent research group formed within the past 5 years as of 1st January 2021.
- Highlight the application, or potential application, of their research to create a positive impact on one of the global challenges above.
- The reference date for computing the eligibility period should be the start date of the first independent research project under the leadership of the team leader named in the application.
- In practice, everyone who undertook such a position after 31st December 2015 is eligible.
- Applicants can be from any country of the world.
An expert judging jury comprising of staff from Nature Research and independent experts will review applications. Panel members will review applications to make a shortlist. The full panel will then discuss the merits of shortlisted applicants and select the winner and two runners-up.
Applications will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Scientific achievements.
- Research program and its strength for scientific impact.
- Research program and its potential for impact on the global problems.
- The awarding organization welcomes applications from developing and emerging STEM nations, so the location will be regarded during the evaluation process.
How to apply?
Candidates can apply online by filling the online application form.
Recommend a friend or colleague of yours here.
Applicants must read and agree to the terms and conditions of the award.
To know about the details of the award areas and information you should provide on the form, visit the original link.
Please contact at [email protected] if you need any further information.