Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSPTE AcademicCambridge qualification
Fields of study Materials Science
Opportunity Type : Self Funded
Duration 2 Years
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 93701
The Erasmus Mundus program is a co-operation and mobility program in the field of higher education in Europe. The program aims to foster quality in European higher education and to promote intercultural understanding through co-operation with third countries.
In the framework of this program, a consortium of six leading European universities in the fields of materials sciences, engineering physics, and chemistry with a rich background in materials science offer a master program entitled “Master’s in Materials Sciences Exploring Large Scale Facilities’ (MaMaSELF) to brilliant international students who come from a relevant background.
Application deadline: 10 Feb 2021 (for Non-European students)
Result announcement: by mid-March 2021. Applicants can see their results online on their account site and will receive an email too.
Host institution: University of Rennes 1, France
- University of Montpellier, France
- Technical University of Munich (TUM), Germany
- Ludwig Maximilian University in Munich (LMU), Germany
- University of Torino, Italy
- Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Program supporter: Erasmus Mundus program
Language of teaching: English (in full)
Degree level: MSc
Structure of the program
The common two-year program covers the basics of Materials (structure and dynamics of condensed matter, and chemical, mechanical and physical properties of materials). MaMaSELF+ also lays focus on energy-related applications such as energy conversion, storage, and efficiency, nanomaterials, geo-materials, smart materials.
Moreover, the Master course’s structure comprises 3 semesters of classes plus a 4thsemester devoted to a Master’s thesis/internship in highly renowned European Universities in France, Germany, Italy, and Poland. The program is taught at the University of Rennes in partnership with five other members of the consortium.
The Mamaself tuition fees amount is 6000€ /year for Non-Eu students and 3000 € for EU students.
Tuition fees must be paid each year before 30 June for Master 1, before 30 August for Master 2.
These fees encompass the whole program; there are no other fees to pay at each 6 Consortium university.
To qualify for admission to the Master Mamaself, applicants must:
- Have obtained a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or higher; be on the verge of finalizing their Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in the fields such as Materials science, Physics, Chemistry, mathematical tools, or related disciplines.
- Have a high command of the English language.
- Complete all mandatory forms for admission and submit all necessary documents.
The scholarship selection process is competitive. Therefore, the selection committee will take these criteria into account:
- Extraordinary academic study records
- Academic strength
- Level of English competency
- Internship or work experience
* Within the eligible candidates the committee selects, the consortium will award scholarships for mobility on the basis of the score obtained in the selection ranking and in line with the above criteria.
How to apply?
Qualified applicants can apply online for this scholarship. Applicants are advised to read the eligibility criteria and FAQs carefully before starting their application.
- A copy of bachelor degree diploma (with certified English translation); if not earned, provide an official letter confirming your enrolment in the degree underway.
- Copy of transcripts (with translation)
- English competencies certificate. See more here about the multiple ways of proving your competency.
- A letter of interest explaining your career aspirations and why you want to apply for Mamaself. Please write in essay format and restrict to 1-2 pages.
- 2 letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional referees. At least one of the reference letters must be written by a professor.
- A copy of a valid passport
For more information regarding the scholarship, refer to the official link of MaMaSELF.
You may also contact the host university through this email: [email protected] .