Opportunity ID 88677
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 1
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
About the award
The Mahathir Science Award (MSA) is known as the world’s most esteemed international science award for tropical sciences, and bestowed upon any scientists, institution, or organization from around the world, recognizing their contributions and innovations towards solving problems in the tropics through science and technology. Likewise, the award foundation presents it to the most deserving based on merit in order to ignite excellence in tropical science that will create direct benefits for countries in the tropics and indirectly to the world community.
Nomination deadline: 30 December 2020
Awarding institution: Mahathir Science Award Foundation (MSAF)
Number of awards: 1
The award winner will receive US$ 100,000, a gold medallion, and a certificate as a result of the contest in two of the four below categories.
There are four award categories:
- Tropical Agriculture
- Tropical Architecture and Engineering
- Tropical Medicine, and
- Tropical Natural Resources.
Note: for this year, the award is open to the first two categories.
- Any individual or organization from any nation can nominate for the award. Though, this individual or organization cannot self-nominate themselves rather nominees should be nominated by others.
- Individuals or organizations who have extraordinary scientific achievements in the tropics through science and technology that have contributed to problem-solving are eligible to apply.
Selection of the winner
The selection of candidates hinges on the originality of each candidate’s achievements, the impact of candidate’s achievements, including upcoming impact and its importance in solving the problems of the tropics by fostering the quality of life and contributing to the region’s welfare.
- Momentous research & studies contributing to new knowledge in addressing problems in the tropics
- Obvious evidence of substantial socio and societal impact
- Contribution to policy and governance leading to a sustainable improvement of the quality of life
- National, regional and international recognition (to consider whether the same work has previously won an award)
- H-index or equivalent
How to nominate?
Nomination for this award is via email, therefore, nominators may email their nominations to the Award Secretariat through firstname.lastname@example.org.
A complete nomination includes:
- Recent photograph (in high-resolution, not below 1MB)
• Curriculum vitae
• List of honors and awards
• A list of product/services commercialized
• List of publications and patent (granted and pending)
• Letter of referral (at least two (2) letters of reference to support the nomination)
• Supporting document (newspaper clipping, media announcement, etc.,.)
Note: nominators have to provide complete information of nominees in response to questions in the form and regarding nominees’ list of contributions and achievements.
Go through the official link for more details of the Mahathir Science Award (MSA).