Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Various
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 90996
Applications are now open for undergraduate admission for the 2020-2021 academic year at Koc University in Turkey. Furthermore, it is one of the demanding and prestigious scholarships at a renowned Turkish university for international students who dream of pursuing their bachelor’s degree education in a program amongst a wide pool of fields on offer at KU. Koc University is looking for the best and brightest students from every country to study in turkey. So, if you are such a student, it is for you to grab this chance.
Application deadlines for international admission:
- Academic Year (fall 2020 Admission): Applications are open until December 15th, 2020.
- Academic Year (fall 2021 Admission): Applications will open between December 1st, 2020and July 2nd, 2021.
University: Koç University
Study level: Bachelor
Fields of study:
The university offers 27 degree programs across 7 colleges and schools as follows:
- College of Administrative Sciences and Economics (CASE)
- College of Engineering (CE)
- College of Science (CS)
- College of Social Sciences and Humanities (CSSH)
- School of Law (SOL)
- School of Medicine (SOM)
- School of Nursing (SON)
Medium of instruction
The teaching language for all programs is English, except law and nursing.
Benefits of scholarship
This scholarship is merit-based and awarded according to students’ merit and academic performance, therefore covering only tuition fees at the rate of 50% (partial) or 100 percent (full).
Read more about the fees here.
- International applicants must read all the eligibility criteria of the scholarship carefully to prepare their online application for admission to Koç University.
- Applicants with a high school diploma or its international equivalent certificate can apply for this scholarship.
- International students may provide an international standard university admission examination score or an international diploma grade such as SAT I, SAT II, ACT. MCAT, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma, GCE, IGCSE, French Baccalaureate Diploma, ABITUR, MATURA (Austria and Switzerland), and European BACCUEARTAE (EB).
- Students who cannot provide any of the exam scores listed above (for a convincing reason – such as an exam test center unavailable in their country) may also be evaluated with their high school diploma grades and other qualifications.
- And, English proficiency tests, e.g., TOEFL or IELTS, are not binding for admission to Koç University. However, applicants should present one of the qualifying international university admission tests (SAT I, SAT II, ACT) or international diplomas (IB, GCSE, French Baccalaureate, ABITUR) with your application * it is strongly recommended).
All international undergraduate candidates are automatically evaluated in terms of academic merit for 50% or 100% tuition-only scholarships by KU. An Admissions Committee evaluates applications in terms of academic merit and fits with Koç University’s educational values and goals in an inclusive approach.
Interviews may be arranged with some candidates via skype or telephone if necessary for the School of Medicine.
Candidates are evaluated in terms of academic excellence, standard test grades, extra-curricular activities, recommendations, and the motivation to join Koç University.
International undergraduate applicants should provide the following documents along with their application.
- International standard university entrance exam score/certificate
- Official national high school diploma (if available at the time of application) certified by issuing institution and translated into English or Turkish if not in these two languages.
- Official high school transcripts (or anticipated high school GPA)
- Motivation letter (1-2 pages)
- One recommendation letter (in English or Turkish)
English language proficiency certificates
- TOEFL: minimum of 80 points out of 120 in the Internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT)
- YDS (Yabancı Dil Sınavı): 80
- PTE: 60
- CAE: C
Turkish language proficiency certificates
How to apply?
To apply to Koç University, you need to complete and submit an online application form.
Submitting an application without one of the required documents or information described above will mean you have very slight admission chances to Koc University.
You should not email or post any documents to the university during the application process.
For further details of the scholarship important to applicants, please refer to the official link of the scholarship.