Opportunity ID 14730
Language Requirement TOEFL
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
The first round of the application process for the ISA scholarship program 2021 is now open. This scholarship program was originally planned to commence on March 4th 2021 in Hamburg, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, its commencement will be postponed. Considering the updated information on the program (May 2020), it will probably start in mid-May 2021 and go on from 15 May 2021 to 15 February 2022. The focus of the scholarship is on projects and research into the implementation of global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Application deadline: June 30th, 2020
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Awarding institution: International Sustainability Academy (ISA)
Academic year: 2021-2022
Duration: 8 months in Germany plus one month of project implementation (in the home country)
What will it cover?
The scholarship will cover:
- The accommodation costs in gender-mixed flat-sharing communities, and the workplace
- The costs for two-way flights,
- Foreign health insurance cost
- A German course is also covered
- In addition, each scholarship recipient receives a sum of money for the research project.
To be eligible, SIA scholarship applicants must:
- Be nationals of countries on the (Development Assistance Committee of the OECD)DAC list;
- Meet the requirement for English knowledge of at least B1 (in TOEFL, IELTS or TOEIC);
- Hold an at least secondary school degree and relevant professional experience;
- The scholarship recipients must already be working or researching on a project in their own country that is ideally sustainable or has a potential sustainable component. A visible benefit for the home country matters to ISA;
- The project must be allocated to one or more Sustainable Development Goals (SDG ́s); and
- It requires no age limit for the application.
Please remember that if you advance to the second round, you will need to provide the following application documents as PDFs. The ISA would like to recommend that you start quickly with:
- A detailed description of the project and its potential implementation
- Possibly apply for a new passport, and
- Clarify the required approval from the employer
Documents to upload:
- Evidence of training, work experience, diploma (bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or equivalent training)
- Passport copy.
- Motivation letter (1,000 characters)
- A 3-4-page curriculum vitae with date and signature, outlined in full
- English language certificate (min. B1) (except native speakers and those who studied their higher degree in the English language
- Detailed project description compliant with the ISA template
- Approval for study leave (approval from the employer)
The selection of successful candidates is based on the following requirements and the indicators resulting from them:
- Project Concept And Planned Implementation: potential impact in the home country, stakeholders to implement it in the home country, technical expertise or experience for the development and implementation of the project
- Intellectual Capabilities: professional qualifications, English language skills, general education/open-mindedness, and interest/creativeness
- Value Orientation/Responsibility: standpoint and accepting to adapt to a non-discriminatory practice irrespective of sex, home country, the color of skin, religion, sexual identity (LGBT), disability or age and have an independent thinking
- General Environmental Policy Commitment: voluntary work taking into consideration artificial or scientifically oriented personal contributions
- Personality: Be motivated, dynamic- apparent and socially competent
How to apply?
You should submit a complete online application for this Scholarship by preparing the required documents and providing the necessary information on the application page.
Read more about the scholarship on ISA’s website.