Opportunity ID 11410
No. of Opportunity 4
Fields of study Verious Fields
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 1 Year
Language of Instruction English
Applications are open for the 2024 Goldsmiths, University of London International Response Scholarship. This scholarship supports individuals with refugee status or active asylum applications in the UK. This scholarship aims to assist undergraduate and postgraduate students in pursuing their academic aspirations at Goldsmiths.
Applications are open to all nationalities, with special consideration given to Ukrainian applicants seeking refuge in the UK under the Home Office’s special arrangement.
This scholarship underscores Goldsmiths’ commitment to fostering diversity and supporting individuals facing challenges in pursuing their education.
- Application Deadline: May 24, 2024 (BST)
- Funding Type: Partially Funded
- Host Institution: Goldsmiths, University of London
- Eligible Countries: Open to all nationalities,
- Eligible Gender: All genders
- Target Group: Individuals with refugee status or active asylum applications in the UK
- Fields of Study: Programs offered by the University
- Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught
- Number of Opportunity: total 4 (2 for undergraduate, 2 for postgraduate)
- Host Country: United Kingdom
Benefits of the Goldsmiths International Response Scholarship
All selected applicants will benefit from the following items:
- Successful applicants will receive an allowance of £8,825.
- A full tuition fee waiver for each year of study is required.
- Accommodation fee coverage for a single study bedroom in Goldsmiths residence halls, up to £200 per week
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must hold refugee status in the UK or have an active application for asylum.
- Must hold an offer of study on an undergraduate or postgraduate taught degree at Goldsmiths.
- Eligible to study in the UK without any prohibitive conditions on studying if on Immigration Bail.
Applicants should also meet these general criteria for this scholarship:
- Applicants must have been offered a place to study at Goldsmiths and firmly accepted via UCAS or MyGoldsmiths, except for online degree programs via the University of London.
- Financial award applications must be submitted by the deadline; no late applications will be accepted.
- Decisions on applications will be final and made according to published criteria.
- Award recipients will be selected competitively; equal consideration will be given to academic records and answers to application questions.
- Goldsmiths reserves the right not to allocate all awards if suitably qualified candidates are not identified.
- Selected applicants must accept the award and agree to general terms and conditions within ten days of the offer.
- Enrolled Goldsmiths students are ineligible unless applying for a subsequent separate program.
- Applicants cannot receive more than one award unless otherwise stated.
- Applicants applying for deferred entry should apply for financial awards during the intended program start cycle.
- Financial awards for part-time programs will be prorated.
- Award regulations are reviewed annually; amendments only affect new recipients unless stated otherwise, and existing recipients’ awards will not be reduced.
- Documentation demonstrating refugee status or active asylum application.
- Offer of study from Goldsmiths.
- Additional documents may be essential as per the application process.
The following is the selection process:
- Applicants are selected competitively.
- The Scholarships Coordinator does initial shortlisting by eligibility criteria.
- Eligible applicants proceed to the next selection stage.
- Applications are reviewed by an awarding panel comprising representatives from Admissions, Widening Participation, and Immigration Advisory Service.
- The panel gives equal consideration to academic records and answers to application questions.
- The panel decides final award recipients and reserve candidates.
How to Apply?
- The application form will be available at the bottom of the designated page.
- Applicants must apply separately for Goldsmith’s accommodation, mentioning the International Response Scholarship in the notes section.
Check More Scholarships: