Opportunity ID 106232
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 2 Years
Language of Instruction English
The Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) of the OPEC Fund applications are now open to OPEC Fund member nations. YPDP is a structured two-year program that prepares young professionals for a career in global development.
Candidates with a strong interest in and dedication to international development, academic brilliance, and appropriate professional experience are welcome to apply for this opportunity. Those ambition and motivation to assist developing countries in addressing their most pressing difficulties in pursuing social, environmental, and economic progress are especially encouraged to apply for the OPEC Fund.
- Organized by: OPEC Fund for International Development (OPEC Fund)
- Application Deadline: 12 May 2023
- Program Duration: 2 Years
- Eligible Countries: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Venezuela
Benefits of the Young Professional Development Program
Participants of the Young Professional Development Program will benefit as follows:
- Depending on their performance and business needs, participants may have a job offer at the OPEC Fund after completing the two-year program.
- YPDP provides training, coaching, mentorship, and the opportunity to gain experience in various professions and access professional networks.
- The program offers young professionals the skills and knowledge needed to meet the OPEC Fund’s entry-level standards.
- The YPDP will allow young professionals to understand better how various departments and divisions contribute to the OPEC Fund’s overall strategic and operational aims.
- Participants in the structured talent management program will be able to contribute to the OPEC Fund’s goal of a world where everyone can benefit from sustainable development.
- Participants in the YPDP will obtain valuable on-the-job experience, access a wide range of relevant learning and development opportunities, rotate between departments, and receive coaching and mentoring.
To apply for YPDP, applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Be nationals of OPEC Fund members mentioned above.
- By the time of application, applicants must be 30 years old or younger.
- Must have earned a Master’s degree from a respectable university.
- Demonstrate excellent academic achievement.
- Fluency in English is required; however, proficiency in one or more languages is preferred.
- Have a minimum of three years of experience in the field.
- Engineering, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Information Technology, Law, Human Resources, and other related disciplines are specializations pertinent to the OPEC Fund’s operations.
- Working in a worldwide and culturally diverse organization
- Understanding the mandate of the OPEC Fund
- Willingness to serve the OPEC Fund for a minimum of two years after completing the program if selected
Required Documents for Young Professional Development Program
Please prepare and provide the following documents:
- YPDP online application form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Official academic certificates and transcripts.
- An application essay (Word or PDF format less than 1,000 words addressing:
- How can development actors like the OPEC Fund help developing countries overcome social, environmental, and economic progress obstacles?
- How would the applicants hope to contribute to development if selected to work for the OPEC Fund?
- Before applying, ensure to meet the minimum eligibility criteria outlined above;
- Upload the transcripts and application essay under the “Additional documents” section of the application form;
- Answer all the questions in the application form;
- Provide a current and valid email address. If the contact information changes throughout the application process, contact OPEC Fund at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please ensure that the application essay adheres to the guidelines.
How to apply for Young Professional Development Program?
Apply online by entering the link below. The selection panel will follow a strict selection process to choose successful applicants. Please remember that only shortlisted applicants will receive a notification about their results.
Applicants may visit the official website of the OPEC Fund Organization to learn more about YPDP 2023.
Check More Opportunities: