Opportunity ID 50939
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Journalism
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 3 to4 months
Language of Instruction English
Overview of the program
The application for the International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) communication intern position is now open. ICFJ is looking for a committed and brilliant intern to join its communications team and work with the institution to tell its story. Furthermore, this is a fantastic and paid opportunity for a self-starter who loves to promote journalism and further expand his or her communications skills – particularly in digital media.
The internship, which will be undertaken distantly due to the COVID-19 outbreak, needs a time commitment of 21 to 35 hours a week commencing in August/September.
Awarding Organization: International Center for Journalists (ICFJ)
Duration: 3-4 months
Focus area: Journalism
For self-starters, it is a paid and beneficial opportunity.
Summary of intern’s tasks
Duties will encompass developing written, visual and video content, contributing to the maintenance of ICFJ’s website, providing assistance for ICFJ events and other administrative tasks.
- Write and publish material/content for social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Hold ownership of social media analytics.
- Design visuals for social media
- Film and edit video interviews
- Assist with compiling regular analysis reports using several tools, such as Facebook Insights and Google Analytics
- Update ICFJ’s website
- Write short web stories and press mentions.
- Provide support ICFJ events
- Provide administrative support as necessary.
Applicants who meet the following criteria are qualified to apply.
- Interns must be enrolled in a degree-granting program for the duration of the internship or be a recent graduate. Marketing, communications, journalism, and design majors are prioritized.
- Experience of video editing and video editing software.
- Highly cooperative with robust communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good writing skills and experience with social media are mandatory.
- Be an initiative-driven and a self-starter.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Multiple tasks management ability.
- Should demonstrate a spirit of teamwork.
- Experience with major design applications, e.g., Adobe Creative Suite and Photography, is an addition.
- Take pride in work.
- Interns should be enthusiastic, efficient, and flexible.
- An enthusiasm in journalism and/or international affairs is strongly recommended.
- World Bank Summer Internship Program 2021 (Paid)
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) Internship Program 2021-22 for Graduate Students, 2nd Batch
- OECD Internship Programme for Currently Enrolled University Students in Various Fields
- Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST) Research Internship Program in Japan
How to apply:
Application for the internship is online. ICFJ will review it on a rolling basis.
What applicants should submit:
- a cover letter
- a social media graphic, and
- a writing sample
For more information, go through the official link of the announcement.