Opportunity ID 92538
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 10
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Applications are now open for the Keeling Curve Prize (KCP) 2021 that recognizes innovative solutions and/or initiatives that address global warming challenges. Considering this, the Global Warming Mitigation Projects (GWMP)_ a non-profit organization working to identify, activate and expedite efforts and projects to reduce carbon emissions_ is looking for projects with an established track record of mitigating greenhouse gases in our planet’s atmosphere.
What is the Keeling Curve Prize (KCP)?
The Keeling Curve is a graph that depicts the concentration of carbon dioxide (CO2) in Earth’s atmosphere since 1958. It is named after its creator, Dr. Charles David Keeling.
Since its recordings, the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has continually increased, representing anthropogenic climate change. So, now it aims to bend the curve back down.
Application deadline: February 10, 2021 (Midnight GMT)
Awarding body: Global Warming Mitigation Project
Open to: Anyone worldwide
Number of projects to win the award: 10
It is awarding $25,000 to two best projects in each of the five categories annually.
Global Warming Mitigation Projects categories
It has developed five categories, each one addressing a particular section of climate creativity.
- Capture and Utilization
- Social and Cultural Pathways
- Transport and Mobility
Read more about the categories here.
Entrants should satisfy these requirements to be considered for the prize:
- It welcomes entries for active initiatives or programs (not ideas or untested hypotheses) worldwide.
- Prizes are granted for ongoing work only (not as a reward for ideas that are unimplemented or previous work).
- From a global collection of entries, the Analyst Team, Advisory Council, and Judging Jury choose the best projects according to our Keeling Curve Prize performance metric and fulfillment of category qualifications.
- The same applicants in two years will not qualify for an award. However, those not awarded, may apply next year or years.
- Submitters may submit for more than one category, but they will only be eligible to win in one category during a year.
- Incomplete applications or applications found not to attempt to quantify their emissions reductions (Question #9), or financial measurability (Questions #12 and 13) will not be considered.
- Please read eligibility and FAQs on GWMP’s website before applying.
KCP applications will be evaluated in a rigorous review process in the presence of the organization’s diverse and talented group of experts, including analysts, advisory council, and judges.
How to apply?
Qualified applicants can apply and submit their project/solution electronically.
For more details about the prize, its previous winners, see the official link.