Opportunity ID 11716
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 2 years
Language of Instruction English
Fulbright Scholarship for Afghanistan is accepting applications now. The US embassy in Kabul has announced that the application for the 2022 academic year. Foreign Fulbright Scholarship program is open for Afghanistan citizens to study their master’s degree in the USA on fully-funded scholarships.
Deadline: February 15, 2021 (11:59 pm)
Level of education: Master degree
Academic Year/period: 2022-2024
Interview date: Late March and Early April 2021
Final result notification: May 2021
Fields of study: MA, MS, MBA, MPA, LLM, and similar degrees
Application is open for the 2022-2024 Fulbright Graduate Fellowship program for Afghanistan nationals to study their master’s degree in the USA. This is a fully-funded fellowship covering all the expenses for up to two years of Master’s degree studies.
Benefits of Fulbright Fellowship/Scholarship:
- Tuition fee
- Monthly stipend for living expenses
- Roundtrip transportation expenses
- Health insurance
- Opportunity to attend special enrichment activities throughout the program
- Opportunity to network with students from other countries
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants of Fulbright Scholarship/fellowship should meet the following requirements:
- Be a national of Afghanistan who is currently residing in Afghanistan
- Have obtained/obtain a four-year bachelor’s degree by Spring 2021 with a strong academic background
- Have a minimum score of 79 TOEFL or IELTS 6.5 or a minimum of 105 Duolingo test score valid at least through February 15, 2021.
- There is no age limit for applications.
- Submit two application essays – 500 words maximum each. See here 2020 Essay Guidance.
- 1) personal statement
- 2) statement about study or research objectives (describe clear goals, the reason for choosing the academic field of study, and its relation to future career goals).
- Submit three recommendation letters (2 academics – one professional from non-relative recommenders)
- GRE and GMAT are not required at the application stage.
Not eligible if applicants:
- Not completed a bachelor’s degree by Spring 2021
- Hold a three-year bachelor’s degree with no other university degree.
- Have dual US/Afghani nationality or have spouse, parent, fiancé or child over 18 years who is USA citizen or legal permanent resident
- Are US government institutions employees
- Have a pending application for immigration to any country
Selection and evaluation criteria:
- Commitment to returning to Afghanistan
- Demonstration of a specific plan to use this experiment in their professional lives and service to the country
- Past experience of USA
Fully Funded Scholarships You may Like:
- University of Bamberg ‘Starter Scholarships’ for Doctoral Students 2021-22 in Germany
- Saudi Arabia Scholarships for Afghanistan
- 2021 Chinese Government Scholarships for International students at UCAS
- Romania Scholarships for International Students, 2021-22 (All Degrees)
How to apply?
Applicants are advised to read the instruction carefully to determine their eligibility for this scholarship. After checking their eligibility, submit the completed application package and all supporting documents online before the deadline. Email applications are not considered.
If you have any technical issue, contact: email@example.com
- Three Academic or professional recommendation letters (two academic and one from an employer)
- Two essays (personal statement & statement on study objectives)
- Signature form
Note: All application documents must be in English; if not, they must be translated into English by an official translation agency and a certified translator. Also, all applicants must use their own word in application materials or cite the source(s) if they use other’s work or research.
Review and selection criteria:
- Quality of academic proposal and its relevance to achieving professional goals
- Leadership quality and potential
- Volunteer experience and or community involvement
- Educational experience
- Strong ability to adjust to academic life in the US and engaging with US citizens.
- Commitment to helping Afghanistan
- TOEFL iBT or IELTS score, Duolingo
Applicants who pass the application review will be invited to the embassy for an interview and to write an additional essay.
What will be asked in an interview:
Applicants who attend the interview will be asked detailed questions about their proposed course, motivation to study in the USA, qualification, and experience. They will be evaluated on their English comprehension and speaking and how they are able to speak clearly, intelligently, and broadly about the main topics below:
- The applicant’s goals (professional, academic, and personal).
- How the Fulbright experience will support the applicant’s goals.
- How the applicant’s Fulbright experience will help Afghanistan.
- How the applicant’s prior experience has prepared him or her for Fulbright.
Finalists will be required to take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or GMAT so that you can get admitted into a US university.
US embassy will submit the application to US universities on behalf of the Fulbright finalists and alternates.
After securing the university acceptance, the applicants need to get a non-immigrant visa.
For more details and reading the FAQs, you can visit the US Embassy Website.