Opportunity ID 13759
Degree MasterPH.DNon Degree Program/CertificateResearch
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration One year
Language of Instruction English
The Australian Museum Foundation (AMF) and Australian Museum Research Institute (AMRI) provide many fellowships and awards for both Australian and international researchers who hold a master’s or Ph.D. degree and interested in engaging with the Museum and conducting research activities in related areas.
Climate change impacts on biodiversity, the detection and biology of past species, and understanding of the effect of constitutes and influences on biodiversity conservation are the subjects that the AMRI focused on today. The available fellowship/awards are offered for researchers who are enrolled in any postgraduate degree in a field related to the Museum’s Science strategy.
Deadline: 15 June 2021
Program date: 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2021
Duration: One year
Amount of awards:
- 2500$ for local and 4000$ for Australian applicants.
Note: successful applicants must be able to cover his/her travel, visa costs
- AMF/AMRI Postgraduate Award
- AMF/AMRI Visiting Research Fellowship
- AMF/AMRI Visiting Collection Fellowship
- Peter Rankin Trust Fund for Herpetology
- Chadwick Biodiversity Fellowship
- Leo Fleischmann Visiting Fellowship in Pacific Islands Arts and Material Culture
Who can apply:
- Both Australian and international students who are willing to collaborate with the Australian Museum.
- Ability to align your research focus while prioritizing the 2017 to 2021 AMRI Science and Strategy
Applicants must be:
- based at private or governmental, or a university.
- enrolled in a relevant discipline at an institute.
- in possession of Master’s or Ph.D. degree in a field that is aligned to AMRI’s research priorities.
- The fields can be in evolutionary biology, taxonomy, collections research, wildlife genomics, biodiversity conservation, archaeology, or anthropology.
- Application form
- Support statement from his/her supervisor or hiring manager of his/her institution or university.
- A detailed CV, including a list of publications and achievements, such as past fundings you received.
- Employment and academic record.
Note: the document should be in English and PDF format.
How to apply:
- Read the term and condition of the fellowship/award carefully
- Fill out the online application form.
- Send the required documents within the complete application form to the following email address.
Submission email: email@example.com
visit the AMF/AMRI website to gain more details about the programs.