Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
If you are an afghan student and want to pursue your undergraduate studies at an accredited university, you can apply to Education for Leadership in Crisis Scholarship program (ELC).
The ElC Scholars program is designed to support eligible Afghan students to pursue their higher education at the American University of Beirut (AUB). Through the ELC program, 29 afghan students will study their bachelor’s degree on a fully-funded scholarship program.
Location: Beirut, Lebanon Collaborating Organization: WAW
Institution: American University of Beirut Level of study: Undergraduate
Number of scholarships: 29 Targeted: Afghan students
Deadline: 20 February 2020 shortlisting: February to April 2020
Result announcement: 29 April 2020 Start of the program: August 2020
Fields of study:
Business, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Education/Elementary, English, Fine arts, Graphic Design, Journalism, Mathematics, Nursing, Nutrition, Political Science/Int. Affairs, Public Administration, Psychology and Studio Arts
The scholarship covers the following:
- Full tuition fees for the duration of the study program
- Medical and health insurance
- Monthly stipend
- Annual round-trip to Afghanistan
Who is eligible to apply?
- Applicants should be an Afghan citizen resident in Afghanistan at the time of applying.
- Applicants should hold a baccalaureate degree (high school diploma).
- Applicants should have graduated from high school in the year 2017 or 2018 or 2019.
- Applicants must be in very good academic standing.
- Applicants must have approximately 75% as a minimum average in high school grades.
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership potential and commitment to community service and civic engagement.
- Applicants should not have been enrolled in or completed a degree at any university.
- Fluency in academic English, especially reading and writing academic texts.
To apply, you have two options Online or in Hard Copy submission.
Applications from Kabul, Balkh, Herat, Nangarhar and Kandahar should be submitted by online only.
Applicants from other provinces can submit their applications by email OR in hard copies to the nearest WAW office. Applicants must choose only one modality for the entire process.
All documents must be submitted in English. If any documents are not in English, applicants must provide both original and translated copies.
You may contact (Woman for Afghan Women) WAW office based on the province you are.
- Official copy of your Baccalaureate or high school diploma
- Official high school transcripts
- Documents (1) and (2) must be submitted both in English and in their original language, if different
- Two recent passport-sized colored photos
- Copy of official Afghan ID card and/or passport
- Proof of English proficiency (SAT I or TOEFL) if available
- Completed application form
- Statement of purpose (150 words) about what motivates you to apply for this program.
- Written essay (250 words) on your vision for leadership and resolving crisis in Afghanistan including what crisis or social issue you will choose to work on upon return to your country.
Online Application submission
Applicants are requested to Download the application form, fill the application form and scan all required documents and submit a complete application file by sending it as an attachment to the following email addresses:
- Subject line: “Application for AUB – ELC program”
- Attached documents must be clearly readable and should not exceed 30Mb (total file size)
- students from Kabul, Balkh, Herat, Kandahar, and Nangarhar can apply online only.
- students from other provinces can apply online or can submit their documents to one of nearest offices of WAW.
Kabul 0728162982 / 0793182880
Samangan & Baghlan 0728859832
hard copy Submission:
Applicants need to fill the form in English and in dry ink (pen) and to submit it with copies of all required documents to the closest WAW office.
In Lebanon – American University of Beirut Dr. Malek Tabbal, Director of LEAD initiative [email protected]
In Afghanistan – Women for Afghan Women Ms. Shekwa Nasrati, Project Assistant [email protected]
+93 (0) 793182880 / +93 (0) 728162982
If you want this information in Dari, Pashto, and Uzbek you can download them from the link below.
For more information please visit American University of Beirut Education for leadership in Crisis Scholarship Program