Opportunity ID 336
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSPTE AcademicCambridge qualificationDuolingoOther
Fields of study Various Fields
Opportunity Type : Fully FundedPartially Funded
Language of Instruction English
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship applications are open to international applicants worldwide. This scholarship promotes educational access and opportunity while improving international diversity. Also, Emerging Global Leader Scholarship bringing together the best of AU – academic excellence, leadership development, and global engagement. The AU Emerging Global Leader achieves, inspires, and serves with vision.
The AU EGL is for positive civic and social change, and will return home to improve underserved and under-resourced communities in their home country.
Scholarship Title: AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship (AU EGL)
Degree Level: Undergraduate
Fields of Study: All majors offered by AU
Host University: American University
Semester Intake: Fall (August 2024)
Duration of Scholarship: First year of study and renewable for a total of 4 years of bachelor’s degree based on academic satisfactory
Start of Application: September 15, 2023
Application Deadline: Priority deadline December 15, 2023, or final deadline by January 15, 2024
Benefits of American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
This scholarship is funding the following items for international student with non-immigrant visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States:
- Full tuition fees
- Room and accomodation
The scholarship will not cover unbillable expenses worthing approximately U.S.$4,000 per year:
- Health insurance
- Flight tickets
- Miscellaneous expenses
Note: Partial scholarship is available to students who have not been selected for full scholarship for fall 2024.
Check More Scholarships:
Eligibility Criteria for American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
Any student willing to apply this scholarship must fulfill the following conditions:
- Applicants should be international applicants who have overcome various obstacles and challenges
- The score of transcript should be at least 3.8 GPA or in the top 10 % at high school classes.
- Should have TOEFL ( 95+) or IELTS, 7.0), 600+ PBT, SAT (33 min subscore), ACT 29 English, Duolingo 125+, PTE 65, or Cambridge Assessment English score of 185 or higher
- Have a great commitment to leadership, and community service
- Be enrolled in high /secondary school and graduate by June 2024
- IB System students should complete 13 years of study before the start of the program.
- Students of the British A-Levels system shuld complete minimum 3 A levels and finish 13 years of study before August 2024.
- Be Citizen of a country other than the US
- Not have started any post-secondary study at a university in the home country or the USA
- Not have finished your secondary school earlier than 2022.
The candidates should submit the following required documents to apply for the American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship:
- Academic documents such as Dimploma and Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Two academic Recommendation Letters
- Proof of English proficiency
- Bank Letter confirming minimum of US$4,000
- AU Certification of Finances Form
Applicants should follow the below steps to make a successful application:
- Complete Online Application on the scholarship website and submit the supporting documents. Please note that the application will be available September 15, 2023.
- Submit your bank letter and certificate of finance form each confirming minimum of U.S.$4,000 via your Future Eagle Portal or sent by fax to +1-202-885-1025.
- Submit your official TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, Duolingo English, or Cambridge Assessment English Test results by early deadline of December 15, 2023. Please submit the official English proficiency reports directly by the testing agency to American University, Undergraduate Admissions, Washington, District of Columbia. Please Note: Students must not submit their own results.
- If an applicant is applying via a program supported by EducationUSA or if they are a past FLEX or YES high school scholarship recipient from the U.S. Department of State, they should provide a letter from their EducationUSA center’s adviser confirming their candidacy. Such candidates may request for the letter to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as a PDF.
- If an applicant is not selected as one of the finalists, they may still be considered for admission to American University, Washington, DC. They might be eligible for partial merit scholarships. However, to continue the application process, such applicants should submit proof of funds totaling U.S.$78,296 (estimated costs for first year of study).
Check More Scholarships: