Opportunity ID 8143
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
About the competition
Applications are now open for the bi-annual Allard Prize Photo Competition, which celebrates photographic excellence reflecting the ideals of the Allard Prize. Moreover, it is offered for international integrity and dedication to the fight against corruption and protection of human rights.
So, the prize committee invites excellent photographers to submit entries year-round. Photographs submitted should draw on themes of determination and leadership in fighting corruption, particularly through institutionalizing transparency, accountability, the rule of law, and of human rights and/or anti-corruption in general. It also especially welcomes entries exposing corruption and human rights violations in the developed world.
- 1 May
- 1 November
Organizer: Allard Prize for International Integrity
Each winner will:
- Receive CAD $1,000
- Be featured on the Allard Prize website, with a short description and the photographer’s name, for six months.
- Winning entries will be archived as a past winner on the website afterward.
- Winning photographs are announced on the organizer’s galleries page and featured on our social media channels.
Who are eligible?
- The Competition is only open to individuals who have reached the age of majority in their home country at the time of entry.
- Pictures submitted are to be digital photographs, submitted at the highest resolution reasonably possible.
- Entrants shall acknowledge all terms and conditions of the competition. Read more about it
Who are not able to receive the prize:
- Member of Allard Prize Committee and the Allard Prize Advisory Board and;
- Family members of both the committee and advisory Board
Selection of winner
The winning entry(ies) in each cycle of the Competition will be selected by the Allard Prize Photography Competition Jury from all eligible Entries received during the entry period.
How to enter the competition?
Participants can submit their entries online.
To enter the Competition, entrants must upload their photograph and complete the online submission form including:
- i) A short description (about 1200 characters) of the photograph, explaining how the photograph relates to the themes of the Allard Prize of courage and leadership described above (in “about the competition”); and
- ii) A brief biography of the Entrant.
For more information refer to the website of the Allard Prize.
You may be interested to look for other awards:
- Call for Nomination: USIP’s ‘2021 Women Building Peace Award’ for Peacebuilders ($10,000)
- ‘Global Warming Mitigation Project’ Keeling Curve Prize for Climate Initiatives ($25,000 award)
- Women’s STEM Award 2021 for Bachelor and Master Theses in STEM (€3000+ award)
- Call for Nomination: Mahathir Science Award (MSA) for Scientists and Organizations