Opportunity ID 115837
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 9
Duration One year
About Independent Directorate of Local Governance (IDLG):
IDLG was established in 2007 on the presidential decree reassigning the responsibilities of the Civil Administration unit of the Ministry of the Interiors to a newly-built independent directorate. The responsibility for supporting Provincial Councils was also delegated to IDLG through that Presidential decree, making a sole structure responsible for sub‐national governance in Afghanistan.
Position Title: Finance and Grant Officer
- Badakhshan, Farah, Ghazni,
- Helmand, Jawzjan, Logar, Nimruz,
- Paktia, Parwan (in the provincial capitals)
Work Type: Full-time
Salary: As per NTA salary scale- Grade D
Vacancy #: IDLG-HR/CCAP-06
Contract duration: One year (extendable)
Working experience: At least 4 years of relevant work experience
Closing date: 31 Mar 2021
About the Project:
Click here to read about the CCNPP (Citizen Charter National Priority Program) and the work of IDLG.
The position holders’ responsibilities will be to:
A- Finance area:
- In coordination with the PMU Head, prepare periodic cash estimates and submit fund requests to PIU Finance Unit.
- Maintain books of accounts and expenditure documents and ensure that the books of accounts are kept in accordance with program financial/accounting procedures and rules.
- Make sure all financial transactions are accurately maintained and documented.
- Undertake regular cash tally and file the cash count report properly.
- Keep the lists for all outstanding dues utility bills (phone, internet, Gas, Fuel and other payables) updated.
- Mae sure that all vouchers and receipts are precisely filed, stamped & recorded in books/ system.
- Assist and assure that all financial transactions are in conformity with financial procurements and accounting policies.
- Maintain and ensure the security of financial records and backup documentation are ready for internal and external audits.
- Help PIU Financial Management team with checking sub-awardees invoices and supporting documents.
- File up and keep PMU level expenditure documents in an appropriate manner.
- Provide the ground for external and internal audit reviews.
B- Grant area:
- Make sure CDCs/GAs grants are used according to the CCAP block grants mechanism in the field.
- Check and assess block grants payment requests and documents at PMU for payment of installments and verify that the requirements are met before its upload into the system.
- Compile CDCs/GAs bank statements, withdrawals forms, cheques, bank slips and all pertinent documents that confirm CDCs/GAs fund withdrawals and utilization on the site.
- Maintain a record of CDCs/GAs grants transactions (receipts, withdrawals, expenditure, held in cash and outstanding’s) at the PMU office
- Oversee CDCs/GAs accounting process, records, procurement procedure to ensure that the processes and records are in compliance with CCAP policy procedures
- Organize site visit to review and ensure that communities spend the funds in accordance with the program financial management procedures and guidelines, documentation is maintained in a proper manner.
- Review and check CDCs/GAs Financial History Forms before their submission to MIS.
- Share block grants information with PMU and PIU any time required.
- Report grants relevant major issues and discrepancies to PMU head and PIU
- Carry out any other jobs that support the overall program, as delegated by the supervisor or his/her designee.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree is preferable);
- 4 years of work experience with government, national and international organizations in the related areas.
- Outstanding command and usage of MS Office packages.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills in English, Dari & Pashto. .
How to apply?
Qualified interested candidates can submit their updated CV with a comprehensive Covering Letter including a phone number or address online through the following link.
Note: Please include the [vacancy number, position title, and the job location of your choice] in the respective space on the application page.
Only short-listed applicants will be called for a written test.
Notice: Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for these positions.
Apply to other jobs by IDLG: