Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
No. of Opportunity 50
Fields of study Various
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 1 To 2 Years
Language of Instruction English
There are scholarships available at the University of Newcastle (UON), Australia for both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. These scholarships are offered to encourage outstanding international students of the following regions to undertake their undergrad and postgrad studies with the Faculty of Business and Law, University of Newcastle.
Students who receive a study offer for an eligible program commencing in 2021 and 2022 will automatically receive the scholarship.
Eligible regions are:
- Latin America
- Middle East
- South & South East Asia
Admission closing date: Varying as per study programs
Levels of study: Bachelor & Master and PhD
Number of scholarships: 50 (subject to funding availability)
Duration: 1-2 years
Fields of study
The university offers the following programs at both levels which include both trimester and semester programs.
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Business Analytics
- Combined Innovation & Entrepreneurship programs with Business, Laws (Honors), Commerce, or Business Analytics
- Combined Business programs with Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Laws (Honors) Commerce, or Business Analytics
- Combined Commerce programs with Business, Innovation & Entrepreneurship or Laws (Honors), or Business Analytics
- Juris Doctor
- MBA (Global)
- Master of Applied Finance
- Master of Health Economics, Management, and Policy
- Master of Health Economics, Management, and Policy (Global)
- Master of Human Resource Management
- Master of International Business
- Master of Marketing
- MBA/Master of Applied Finance
- MBA/Master of Health Economics, Management, and Policy
- MBA/Master of Human Resource Management
- MBA/Master of International Business
- Master of Dispute Resolution
- Master of Laws (LLM)
- MBA/Master of Marketing
- Master of Professional Accounting/MBA
- MBA (Global)/MSC (Data Analytics)
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Professional Accounting (Advanced)
* MBA (Global) dual degrees with partner universities
- MBA (Global)/ Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) – Montclair State University, New Jersey
- MBA (Global)/ Master of Fashion and Luxury Management – LUISS Business School, Rome
- MBA Global/Master in Management Technology – LUISS Business School, Rome.
The benefit of this scholarship is $2500 covering only tuition fees and paid each semester for a full-time study in a program on offer, for the duration of four semesters (still depending on program).
In total, it amounts to:
- $10,000 for a two-year or more of a study program;
- $7,500 for 1.5 years of a study program; and
- $5,000 for a year-year study program.
Note: students who receive a Distinction average percentage will qualify to apply for another 2500 merit-based scholarship benefit.
Students must maintain convincing academic performance to renew scholarship for the next semesters.
To qualify to apply for this scholarship you must fulfill the following criteria:
- Be starting in an eligible program with the Faculty of Business and Law, UON as a first –time student or via an approved University of Newcastle pathway (excluding ELICOS only, Non-Award, MPhil, Ph.D.).
- Be international applicants from the above-mentioned regions.
- Maintain enrolment in a full-time program.
- Enrolled in on-campus at any University of Newcastle campus in Australia.
- Not be in receipt of another scholarship for the same program, equivalent, or more significant benefit.
- Satisfy all of the financial necessities of a full-fee paying international student, including the full tuition fee and other costs for obtaining your student visa, and in the event that you cannot manage to maintain eligibility for the scholarship.
In determining eligibility, students’ academic progress in their prior study and IELTS scores may be considered. In addition, meeting the eligibility criteria and funding availability account for awarding decisions.
How to apply?
First, all applicants must search for an eligible program on the university’s website and then apply for admission directly to the university college via their customer account around the census date in the relevant term of study. It does not require any separate application prior to receiving admission to the Faculty of Business & Law.
Click here to see lists of scholarships and programs.
After you find your program of choice, you can submit an online application for that.
Documents that you may need to provide are (may vary per program):
- Application form
- Academic transcript
- Graduation diploma/certificate
- Proof of English proficiency
- Passport biometric page
- For programs needing work experience, a curriculum vitae (CV) and/or letters of work experience are recommended.
The documents might be scanned colored copies or certified copies of original documents uploaded as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files.