Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 50
Duration One Year
About IDS HAMKAAR (IDSH):
IDS HAMKAAR (IDSH) is a leading complex operation, training and M&E expert organization throughout Afghanistan. It strives to help the government, the international community, and the private sector to build strategic decisions that are evidence-based and in a fine balance with local realities and international imperative.
Position Title: Field Monitor
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Locations: Bamian, Daikondi, Ghazni, Ghowr, Kabul, Khost, Kunar, Laghman, Logar, Nangarhar, Nuristan, Paktia, Parwan, Wardak, Paktika
Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
Contract duration: 12 months
Salary: As per company salary scale
Vacancy #: IDSH-023
Organization: IDS HAMKAAR (IDSH)
Years’ of experience: 3-5 years relevant
Date closed: 31 March 2021
- Communicate, on behalf of WFP, with relevant local government authorities and communities to evaluate the requirements of food assistance; negotiate access whenever needed.
- Oversee the WFP activities in the provinces of respective WFP Field Offices in accordance with WFP’s humanitarian principles.
- Support the escorting of WFP convoys, necessary.
- Carry out Distribution Monitoring, Activity Monitoring, Post-Distribution Monitoring, collection of market prices and other available information as directed by supervisor.
- Undertake regular food needs and food security assessments on a need basis.
- Assist CPs in encouraging women’s access to economic upskilling and sensitizing public opinion on gender issues and gender-focused activities.
- Ensure that the monitoring process adheres to standards at both client and IDSH level.
- Function as a facilitator for change and improvement in performance in order to maximize the quality of services rendered to the client.
- Represent WFP at the district and provincial coordination meetings called by line departments, and NGOs/INGOs and provide comprehensive meeting minutes.
- Record, analyze and distribute statistical information when and if necessary.
- Report on project implementation progress, submit monitoring assessment reports on general implementation as well as on project outcomes using the WFP Monitoring ToolKits including mobile applications such as ODK and Kobo Collect.
- Prepare Mission Narrative and weekly site reports based on the IDSH-WFP Reporting Format including photographs.
- Train partners and/or counterparts as required with a focus on the formulation of interventions, beneficiary selection and reporting.
Qualifications and competencies:
- University Degree in Business Administration, Social Science, Economics, Agriculture or any other relevant field.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in Monitoring & Evaluation, Research/ Survey, Reporting or relevant fields.
- Language proficiency in both oral and written English, as well as national languages (Dari or Pashto), is required.
- Ability to prepare clear and brief technical & narrative reports in the English Language.
- Great knowledge of word processing and Excel Spreadsheet is required.
- Strong understanding of and ability to launch and manage activities at the community level.
- Ability to take direction and comfort working both independently and within a team.
How to apply?
Interested and qualified applicants should send their applications via the email address given below.
The application should include:
- CV including three references’ contact details
- Cover letter indicating your interests in the position
Note1: write [Field Monitor (IDSH-023) + Desired Province] in the subject line of your email otherwise it will be automatically disqualified from the evaluation process.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so apply as early as possible.
Submission email: [email protected]
Note2: only short-listed candidates will be contacted.