Opportunity ID 150289
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSNot Required
No. of Opportunity 30
Fields of study All
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
The University of Birmingham is happy to offer new scholarships for international students in the 2021-22 academic year to pursue their studies in the United Kingdom. The global master’s scholarship – an award of 10,000 is aimed at supporting the most academically outstanding international students to study at the university. This scholarship is available to students from a big number of countries of the world to study for their master’s degree.
Application deadline: 30 June 2021 (23:59 UK Time)
Number of scholarships: Up to 30
Study level: Master
Notification of results: 31 July 2021
Start of intake: September 2021
Fields of study: all taught master programs are eligible for this scholarship excluding programs in the university’s business school for which there are separate MSc and MBA scholarships on offer.
The scholarship value is nearly £10,000 GBP that will be paid to cover tuition fees as part of the total fees payable by the scholar for the duration of the study.
Furthermore, this is a partial scholarship for which successful students must be able to cover the complete living costs and other costs related to studying in the UK, such as visa, travel cost, etc.
In order to qualify, candidates must satisfy the following requirements.
- Have been admitted for a taught Master’s degree at the University of Birmingham UK Campus to study in the 2021/22 academic year.
- Be living in one of the countries that is eligible for this scholarship.
- Maintain the status of an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes.
- Commence their studies at the University in September/ October 2021 on a course offered onshore.
- Possess exceptional academic talent and the ability to provide proof for this in the scholarship application statement.
- Candidates must also hold in advance, or be expecting to obtain, a first-class overall grade (at least 70% in the UK system) in a bachelor’s degree or a corresponding grade.
- Students in possession of other full scholarship or sponsorship covering full tuition fees from an alternate internal or external source are ineligible, however, those in receipt of partial funding may apply for it.
How to apply?
This is a competitive scholarship, therefore, candidates who fully fulfill the eligibility requirements of the scholarship and who have received an offer of admission to study for a master course at the University for 2021 A.Y. can apply online.
Please complete the online application form accurately as it will not be amended later and the university does not accept incomplete applications.
Please visit the website of the university for more explanation and conditions of this scholarship.
For further information about the scholarship, please consult FAQs.