Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 3 Years
Language of Instruction English
The call for abstracts for the 2nd International Agrobiodiversity Congress – Agrobiodiversity for food system transformation, is currently open. The Congress, scheduled for November 2021, will lay emphasis on the role that agrobiodiversity can play in positively changing our food systems.
Therefore, international authors who demonstrate an interest in agrobiodiversity and its role in strengthening our food system can submit their abstracts to Congress to take the opportunity for attending the conference.
Application deadline: 18 April 2021
Organizer: The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT
Partner: the Italian Government
Conference dates: 15-18 November 2021
Notification of acceptance: 1 July 2021
Mode: Virtual (but the conference is organized from Italy)
The three-day program aims to provide enriching discussions and contributions from all sectors that affect agrobiodiversity conservation and use: agriculture, environment, nutrition/health, education, social development, the private sector.
Who are eligible?
- All authors who wish to present an article or poster are welcome to submit their abstracts to the Scientific Committee.
- Preference will be given to abstracts that present critical or reflective comments relating to the Congress themes, indicate relationships with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) biodiversity targets as well as the wider food system implications.
What can the abstracts be written about?
Themes of the congress
The Congress welcomes cross-cutting submissions about agrobiodiversity (e.g. gender and youth; indigenous food systems and relevant knowledge; science innovation, infrastructure, digital technologies; human health and wellbeing; human rights and equity; green growth/job creation; new partnership models with the private sector).
Abstract selection criteria
Abstracts are to be evaluated in light of the following criteria:
- Bearing of the abstract to the conference’s themes and sub-themes
- Research excellence, innovation, novelty, and interest
- Quality of the abstract, in terms of content and language
How to apply?
Interested authors should submit their abstracts in English using the submission form online.
Submissions should include:
- Name, association, and position of the main author(s)
- A brief biography of the main author/presenter (not exceeding 150 words)
- Abstract title
- Abstract (250 words max.) outlining the content of the paper including background, methods/approach, results, and conclusions.
- Each author can submit as many abstracts as h/she wishes to.
Note: selected authors will be invited to prepare either an oral or poster presentation for publication on the Congress’ virtual platform.
The congress may invite Authors of the best abstracts to submit a full paper for publication in national and/or international scientific journals following the Congress.
If you have more queries about the Congress, contact [email protected].
For more information about this Congress, the reasons it is very critical and its first edition, visit the Source Link.