Opportunity ID 5686
If you want to advance your leadership skills and want to join the practitioner from around the world, you can apply to YPS leadership program organized by Columbia University. Through this program, the selected applicants will develop their local knowledge about peace, security and leadership to apply them globally. They will receive 6 months coaching as well.
Details of the program:
Deadline: Friday, February 15, 2019 (11:59 am EST)
Duration: 2 weeks
Program period: June 3-14, 2019
Location: New York, USA
Benefits of YPS leadership program:
The participant will get the following opportunities:
- Participation in a two week onsite classes, workshops, visits to the UN and more
- Learning the foundation of YPS
- Developing their knowledge of the concepts, theory and skills behind conflict resolution, problem-solving and intervention practices and skills
- Developing their skills in communication as a leader
- Clarifying the significant role of youth maintaining peace and security
- The participant will design and implement a YPS project
- Six months of ongoing coaching
- Expanding their network of like-minded people.
Financial support and fee:
The program is free of charge. The program covers the following items during the two week program at Columbia University:
Note: the applicants will not receive the support for flight and visa application.
Who can apply?
- Be Youth/community leader
- Be interested in linking their work to tools, research and practice in related fields that will elevate and amplify their work
- Get the sponsorship and support of a local CBO or NGO
- Have fluency in English
- Be able to fully engage in this two week program
- Be between the age of 18 – 28 years
- Be available to work with a local organization in their city for the following six months
How to apply?
Applicants should apply online.
- Two recommendation letters
- Short essays
For more information please visit Columbia University