Opportunity ID 11892
The Youth Action Lab (YAL) is a short term program (one-year) for grassroots youth activists supported by CIVICUS. This program aims to strengthen youth-led movements, develop youth capacity, innovation, and inclusion in civil society. The program contains online sessions, a one-week orientation at the beginning, and a one-week orientation in person at the end. Interested applicants who wish to work to support their movements to become more resilient and sustainable in their fields are highly encouraged to apply for this fully-funded program.
CIVICUS was launched in 1993. in 2002, it had more than 8000 members in more than 175 countries and worked to connect young activists and civil organizations around the world.
Deadline: 5 February 2020
Result announcement: 28 February 2020
Duration: one-year up to February 2021
Number of participants: 10
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Support by: Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad)
Type of the program: fully-funded
- 2499 Dollar as a financial resource
- Access to capacity building, coaching, skill-building workshops.
- Network opportunity with other movements.
- After completion, the applicants will access many opportunities and support from CIVCUS and participate in other programs of CIVICUS.
- Applicant’s age must be between 18 to 32 years.
- Must be committed to participating in the one-year program.
- Must have at least two years of work experience.
- Activists at the grassroots level are mobilizing for change around critical economic, social, cultural, environmental, civil rights issues, including artivism, journalism, social entrepreneurship, and community works.
- Broader coalition, network, or any movement to advocate for change in the local or national context member.
- Applicant who is disruptive, who challenges traditional ways of working on testing methodologies that are creative, innovative or related.
- Applicants with different academic backgrounds can apply.
- Organizations can nominate young activists.
National of Latin America, the Caribbean, the Middle East and North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia and the Pacific.
- Online application form.
- Evidence of your work it can be including (photos, videos, links, websites articles, etc.)
How to apply:
Interested and eligible applicants can apply online.
Successful applicants will be noted via email no late than 28 February 2020
For any queries, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, please visit the YAL website