Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSPTE AcademicCambridge qualification
No. of Opportunity 120
Fields of study Humanities And Social Science
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
The application for the Yenching Academy of Peking University 2022 scholarships is now open. The Yenching Academy annually offers nearly 120 scholarships to new students from both the Chinese Mainland and foreign countries, to study, live, and learn together in China. If you meet the requirements of the scholarship, apply for this to pursue your studies in one of the Chinese-recognized universities.
Deadline: December 3, 2021 (12 PM Beijing time).
Host Institution: Yenching Academy of Peking University
Language of instruction: English
Number of scholarships: 120
The scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly allowance
- One round-trip travel cost
- Filed research expenses
Applicants for this scholarship should have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field; currently enrolled degree program should be awarded no later than August 31, 2022;
- Have broad curiosity and demonstrate rigorous motivation and potential to turn into leaders in their chosen fields.
- An exceptional academic background;
- Firm interest in the interdisciplinary study of China;
- A record of extracurricular accomplishments, community engagement, social responsibility, and leadership potential; and
- English language proficiency.
Admission decisions for international candidates will be made around April of the year the scholarship is awarded.
How to apply?
Application for this scholarship is online; therefore, all students and alumni of Partner Universities must apply through both the university’s internal application process and the Yenching Academy admissions portal.
Mandatory documents for application:
- Completed online application form;
- Personal statement (750 words or lower);
- Research proposal (maximum 1500 words);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Official transcript(s);
- Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrollment;
- Two letters of recommendation;
English requirements and minimum scores:
- IELTS (Academic): Overall 7.0
- TOEFL (iBT): Overall 100
- Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): Overall 185
- CEFR: C1 level
- CET 6: Overall 600
- TEM 4: Pass level of “良好” or above
Note: Native English speakers and students or alumnus whose teaching of degree programs has been in English (undergraduate or above) are not required to provide English proficiency test scores.
* English proficiency tests must have been taken after September 1, 2020, as it currently does not accept scores.
Submission of English scores: For IELTS, TOEFL, and Cambridge tests, the university will only accept scores sent directly to it from these organizations. Therefore, make sure you choose “Yenching Academy of Peking University” as the designated recipient of your scores when you book the exam date. For TOEFL, use the institution code: C488.
For more information, refer to the Yenhing Academy’s website.