Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 5 6 Months
Language of Instruction EnglishChineseFrenchRussianArabic
Opportunity ID 69732
The World Bank is providing internship opportunities twice a year for those freshly graduated and highly motivated students who wish to work with the World Bank Group. Furthermore, this internship program will allow applicants to bring groundbreaking perspectives, innovative ideas, and the latest research experience into the World Bank. Applicants will gain practical work experience and learn new skills while working in a diverse environment both in WB’s development activities and business units.
Application start: December 1, 2021
Deadline: 31 January 2022
Internation period: May 2021 – September 2022
Host organization: World Bank
Required language: English
Location: Washington DC, USA with a few other in other WB country offices
Benefits of the internship:
- Hourly salary payment
- $ 3000 for traveling expenses
- Accommodation is on the applicants’ own part
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree and be enrolled in a postgraduate degree (Master or Ph.D. with the intention to return back to their university).
- Must be proficient in English. Having skills in the following language will also be French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese.
- Having good computer skills is advantageous.
- World Bank typically seeks applicants with backgrounds in these areas: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, engineering, urban planning, natural resources management, private sector development, and other related fields; or Corporate support (Accounting, Communications, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Treasury, and other corporate services).
Note: WB highly encourages women with various academic and professional backgrounds to apply as it aims to hire talented and qualified applicants.
- Online application form
- Updated CV
- Letter of Interest
- Evidence of enrolment at the graduate level
Note: The size of each file you submit should not be more than 5MB and should be in Doc, Docx, or Pdf format
How to apply?
Applicants should submit an online application by filling the form accurately and submitting the documents, respectively.
Note: You must complete the application in a single session and with one and half hour to prevent system timeout.
For more details, please visit the World Bank’s website.
For other new opportunities, please visit our new website ( www.scholarships.af )