Opportunity ID 8926
If you have a project focusing on solution visual journalism you can apply for funding offered by WordPress Photo.
Word Press Photo presents a unique opportunity for those who works either professionally or casually in photo journalism to get the chance to get their projects funded. This initiative was created to produce and promote a sort of visual journalism that has a solution based focus.
The initiative has three objectives:
- To explain, demonstrate, and develop how visual journalism can be solution focused
- To examine, direct, fund and publish a number of projects that have solutions stories
- To use these projects to educate people on the profession visual journalism, how it engages with the public and how a solution focused element makes a different
- Deadline: 6th September 2019
- There will a few winners and each will get funded differently based on the project
- After the submissions, a number of shortlisted candidates will be notified and they will be interviewed online
- The decisions will be final and unsuccessful applicants will not have the chance to be talked to nor be negotiated with.
- Between until August 28th, because of the staff leave, your questions cannot be answered.
- If your project gets to be one of best ones, you will get a grant of approximately €5,000
- In your project you should have shown the followings:
- Instead of focusing on the heroes or victims, it demonstrates a problem, how it occurred. The stories are shown through people, and they are demonstrating it through their captured actions.
- Instead of bringing out the views of people from far, they draw on the voices of those who are working on the ground
- They do not just show good intentions but also results and their evidence.
- The stories that are told are not just inspirational but also useful insights that society needs.
- They look critically at the response and not just shows its success but also its limitations and failures.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply online.
Then send a portfolio of your most outstanding visual works via WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Your subject heading in WeTransfer should be “SVJI Application”)
To get your questions answered, please contact David Campbell at email@example.com
For more information and details, please visit the WordPress Photo