Opportunity ID 14536
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Winchester Poetry Prize, which is launched in 2013, invites poets from around the world. The first festival was taken place in 2014, and the next festival is going to take place from 8 to 11 October 2020. Interested applicants can submit their poems before 31 July 2020 by email or post.
- Deadline: 31 July 2020
- Result announcement date: 16 September 2020
- Festival date: 10 October 2020
- First winner: 1000£
- Second winner: 500£
- The third winner: 250£
- Successful winners will be invited to the Winchester Poetry Festival.
- Winner’s poem will be published in a competition anthology.
Number of winners: 3
Program fee: first poem 5£, subsequent poems 4£
Judge: Andrew McMillan
Sponsored by: Paris Smith Legal Excellence
- Applicants aged over 16 years can apply.
- Applicants must submit their poems by email or post.
- Poems with any style and subject are eligible.
- The poems must not be longer than 40 lines, excluding the title.
- The submission must be the applicant’s original work, must be in English, must not be published anywhere else before, must not win other’s competition prize, and have not been the translated work of another work.
- Applicants must pay the submission fee: 5£ for the first submission and 4£ for the subsequent poems in a single submission.
- The poems must not be more than one page and include the title on each page.
- Must not include their name or any sign of their identification in their poems. The submission will judge anonymously.
- Each winner will win only one prize. More qualified poems will feature in the list of commended and highly commended poems.
- Applicants are not able to make changes for the poems after submitted their poems.
- Applicants must be able to cover their traveling costs to read at the prize-giving in prize festival.
- Trustees, employees, or associates or their family members of the Winchester Poetry Festival are not eligible to apply.
- The successful winner will be notified by post or email.
How to apply:
Applicants can submit their poems by email and post:
- Firstly, applicants must pay the submission fee here
- Secondly, send an email with your poems in a word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please, write your name, address, and mobile number, poems titles, where you heard about the competition, and your PayPal transaction reference number in your email.
You may like to visit similar opportunities:
- Research Training Program international (RTPi) Scholarships by University of South Australia
- Helen Hay Whitney Research Fellowship
- University President’s Scholarships (UPS) for International Students by University of South Australia
- Communication Internship in Paris French
- Koc University Graduate Fellowship and Scholarship in Turkey 2020-2021
- Type each poem in the A4 page separately. Including your name, address, and mobile number, poems titles, where you heard about the competition (download the entry form)
- Make the check payable to the “Winchester Poetry Festival.”
- Two copies of your poems, entry sheet and check in an envelope marked Winchester Poetry Prize to must be sent to the following address:
- Winchester Poetry Festival, c/o Faculty of Arts, University of Winchester, Sparkford Road, Winchester, UK, SO22 4NR
For more details, please visit the competition official website