Opportunity ID 9564
The Post was established in 1877 by Meyer-Graham and up to now won more than 60 Pulitzer Prizes, from 2014 provides summer intern classes for eligible applicants. The full-time intern position is available for global applicants for the 2020 summer.
See the details of Washington Post Internship below:
Deadline: 9 October 2019
Program date: summer 2020
Result announcement date: 29 November 2019
Salary amount: 750 Dollars per week
- Candidates must be a college junior or be graduated in a degree
- Professional work experience in media as an employee or internship.
- Candidates must have a driver’s license
- Be proficient in English
- Candidates must be creative and must have investigative skills.
- Foreign Citizens can apply. but need to provide necessary documents to obtain the Work Visa
- Applicants must be proficient in Photoshop CS. Photo management software and Mac and PC platforms.
- Must be proficient in all aspects of digital video/audio and editing software including Final Cut Pro or Adobe premiere.
- Have the ability to write smart headlines and blurbs.
- Have the skills of either Adobe Audition or Pro Tools
- Report and articles writing
- Edit the copies (interns must be able to edit the news clearly, concisely, energetically and creatively)
- Shoot and video editing
- Graphic designing on multiple platforms
- Writing headlines that are tailored for print and digital audiences
- Web updating and mobile sites with fresh content and making sure article pages have critical web elements.
- Digital and news designing
- Graphics Reporters and Developers (visual stories and present data on the web must be provided by the applicants)
- Social media producers (the useful conversation on the Washington Post website and social media platforms including newsletters must be provided by the applicants).
- Audio Producers (record, write and edit audio stories for long-form and short-term podcasts)
- Samples of your work
- Autobiographical essay
- Portfolio of your work
- Include three links to audio clips
Note: all documents must be in English
How to apply:
- Interested applicants can fill the application form
- Apply NOW
- Applicants will be informed of the selection committee’s decision
Contact address email@example.com
For more info about the internship, please check the Washington Post summer internship website