Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 4
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 150499
About the awards
Applications are now open for the Waislitz Global Citizen Awards. The awards contain cash prizes with a total value of $200,000 recognizing four winners for their extraordinary efforts & excellence to end extreme poverty. Therefore, if you have made an impactful change in accordance with the topic of the award, you are the right person to apply and win a prize.
Application deadline: May 29, 2022 (11:59pm EDT)
Awarding organizations: Waislitz Foundation and Global Citizen
Sponsored by: US and Australian-based cellular medicines company, Mesoblast Ltd
Number of awards:3
Notification on the application status: on or around 19 July 2022
Four cash prizes worth $250,000 will be presented to the winners. The grand prize is 100,000$ with three additional prizes of 50,000$ each.
- Waislitz Global Citizen Award (Grand Prize) – $100,000
- The Waislitz Global Citizen Disruptor Award- $50,000
- $50,000 for the Waislitz Global Citizens’ Choice Award
In addition to the above cash award, winners will be featured on the Global Citizen platform and social media as well as its editorial pieces.
Who is eligible?
- Anybody who is at least 18 years old and fulfills the award conditions can apply from anywhere in the world.
- The award is for individuals but individual representatives of the organization can also apply.
- Nomination for the awards is not acceptable and applicants should apply themselves.
All applicants will be assessed based on individual excellence, including the following five key areas:
GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP: How does the applicant embody and demonstrate the values and practices of a Global Citizen?
PROOF OF CONCEPT: Does the applicant have a rigorous proof of concept with at least 1-2 years of effect towards removing extreme poverty?
DISRUPTION: Has the applicant generated a measurable impact in a creative way that disrupts the systems that allow for extreme poverty to sustain?
SCALABILITY: How would this award support the applicant to scale or enhance their work?
ADAPTABILITY: Can the applicant show instances of their ability to adjust to and evolve to changing conditions?
- An applicant who meets the 5 criteria listed above will win the grand prize (Waislitz Global Citizen Award).
- The individual who outperforms in the “Disruption” criteria will win the Waislitz Global Citizen Disruptor Award.
- The candidates who get the most public vote from the Global Citizen community will receive the Waislitz Global Citizens’ Choice Award.
- An applicant who outshines in the “Adaptability” criteria and has implemented a specific adaptation, pivot or new program that tackles the impacts of COVID-19 will win Waislitz Global Citizen COVID-19 Response Award.
How to apply?
Eligible applicants can apply online.
For more information about the awards and to help you apply more strongly, please refer to the Official Awards Announcement to read the FAQs and Terms & Conditions.