Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Fields of study Politics, Leadership, And SDGs
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration April To December 2023
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 209146
Vital Voices Engage (VV Engage) now accepts applications for the Fellowship to Advance Women’s Public Leadership and the SDGs. This opportunity is a Vital Voices signature fellowship to support excellent women political leaders creating and influencing policy worldwide.
This fully funded fellowship aims to improve women leaders’ capacity building, decision-making, and effectiveness in politics and government. Also, it is shifting culture around women’s public leadership and going towards equality in public representation globally. The Fellowship program aims to improve a more inclusive and equitable world by progressing the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through policy.
Women Fellows will benefit from online and in-person training with the Vital Voices Global Network women experts and professors from Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government. Fellows will have an opportunity to brainstorm and share challenges and best practices. Moreover, the participants also connect to a global network of peers and mentors, including current and former female leaders of state with the Council of Women World Leaders.
This fellowship curriculum comprises inspiring courses in Leadership, Political Strategy, Strategic Communications, and Governance topics. Fellows will gain specific skills to advance the SDGs in their communities and achieve their goals.
Application Deadline: 26 March 2023 (11:59 pm EST)
Eligible Country: All
Fellowship Type: Fully Funded
Subject: Leadership, politics, and SDG
Fellowship Duration: April to December 2023
Benefits of the Vital Voices Fellowship
Applicants will benefit from the program as follows:
- Online and in-person training with the Vital Voices Global Network women experts and professors from Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government
- Connect to a global network of peers and mentors.
- Opportunity to brainstorm and share challenges and best practices.
- Gain specific skills to advance the SDGs in their communities and achieve their goals.
Eligibility Criteria for the Vital Voices Fellowship
All fellows should meet the following criteria:
- Women can apply for this fellowship, including all those who identify as women.
- Applicants can be either an elected or appointed official, functionary, political activist, political party leader, media professional, civil society leader, or community leader.
- Demonstrate at least three years in elected or appointed office, in related political leadership work, or as a critical decision-maker for a civil society organization.
- Be proficient in English.
- Committed to the Vital Voices core leadership principles: innovative, collaborative, and driven by a clear sense of mission; engagement in the community; commitment to connecting across lines that divide; advancing the status of girls and women; committed to transparency and good governance.
- Show leadership ability and a high potential for future leadership development.
- Wish to engage with a global network of women in public life.
- Should have a basic understanding of the policy-making process in their community.
Sector Based Criteria
Additionally, applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Be an elected or appointed official or political party leader:
- The party must value democratic principles and establish, register, and commit to good governance.
- The applicant and her party should not have had any convictions of corruption or abuse of power.
- Be committed to working with other sectors on common goals.
- An appointed official must:
- Have experience in public engagement and expertise on the issue(s)
- Be in a leadership position within the organization.
- Political Activist Must:
- Have political activism and leadership advancing history in the sustainable development goals.
- Demonstrated across sectors working experience on common goals.
- Community leaders should:
- Be in a leadership position in a marginalized community and remains committed to political activity in their countries OR
- In a leadership position in a society without a traditional government structure
- Media professionals should:
- Cover stories relevant to gender-based issues, politics, or the SDGs
- Civil society leader:
- The organization should be a civil society organization.
- Should values of democracy, good governance, and transparency.
- The primary function of the organization should involve working directly with the government, advancing the SDGs, advancing legislative changes, or working on getting more women into politics or public life.
- Must have been registered for at least three years and be non-partisan.
Also, applicants should commit the followings:
- Complete a survey with more detail about their professional experience, work-related skills, personal and organizational goals, mentorship experience, and community engagement.
- Attend online training and webinars and do virtual assignments for at least eight hours per month throughout the fellowship.
- Join in one in-person gathering if health and travel restrictions allow.
- Complete surveys every six months for up to two years after participating in the VVEngage Fellowship
How to Apply for the Vital Voices Fellowship?
The application procedure for Vital Voices Fellowship is online, and applicants can enter the link below to apply for this opportunity.
Please read more details about the Vital Voices Fellowship on its official website.
Check More Opportunities
OWSD Early Career Fellowship for Women in Science and Technology (Fully Funded)
News Corp Media Fellowship by ICFJ (for Digital Innovation) 2023
Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowships for International Students at McGill University, Canada