Opportunity ID 3558
If you are an artist from South Asian Countries and interested to do research at Harvard university apply to Visiting Artist Fellowship.
The Harvard University Lakshmi Mittal South Asia institute offers an eight-weed Visiting artist fellowship for artist from South Asian countries such as Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, India and ….
This Fellowship provides the opportunity and platform to do independent researches exploring critical issues in South Asia through the lens of art and design. The fellows are connected to Harvard university resources and students to do the research.
Details of Visiting Artist Fellowship (VAF)
Organization: Harvard University, Lakshmi Mittal South Asia institute
Number of fellows: 4
Location: United States of America
Deadline: July 16, 2018
Fall 2018 program period: October 1st, 2018 – November 20th, 2018
Spring 2019 program period: March 4th, 2019 to April 22nd 2019.
What VAT Covers?
- Monthly stipend of $4,000 to covers all expenses including meal, accommodation, transport
- Travel cost from South Asia to Cambridge, MA, USA.
- Other benefits:
- Access to Harvard museums, physical and digital libraries and archives
- Feasible access to Local museums and art organization
- Office space at the institute
- Publishing blog and media platform
- Attending the classes on campus
Not; the Visiting Artist Fellowship does not cover or guarantee to provide the studio space for making art, at supplies beyond the stipend and guarantee faulty approval for classes or meeting
Applicant is eligible if he/she is:
- An artist
- Currently living in South Asian countries
- Mid –career artist who can actively exhibit current work in professional artistic venues, such as gallery and museum spaces. Artist with professional training are preferred.
- Having exceptional capacity for productive scholarship
- Demonstrating the ability to provide a plan and rationale for utilizing Harvard’s resources.
- Possessing a valid passport and able to apply for visa
- Attending the Skype interview if shortlisted.
- Pakistan, or
- Sri Lanka
Related: Apply to Harvard 2019 MBA Scholarship
Applicants are required to meet the following requirements to successfully pass this fellowship.
- An artists talk/seminar on campus and in the region, as appropriate.
- A curated exhibition of the Visiting Artists works on campus.
- A 4 to 5-page paper covering what was accomplished during the Fellowship.
- An exit interview.
- Artist statement (up to 300 words)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Work portfolio
- Fellowship proposal (maximum 1000 words)
- Two Recommendation letters
How to apply?
Applicants are required to apply online through CARAT before the deadline.
Read the instructions here.
For more information please visit the Visiting Artist Fellowship official Website.