No. of Opportunity 25
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 1 2 Years
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 85946
Applications are now open for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship (UES) at Utrecht University in the Netherlands. This is one of the prestigious scholarships at a leading European university for non-EU/EEA students. The scholarship is awarded for the duration of the degree program, which is one or two years, depending on the degree program. This scholarship is offered for the 2021-22 academic year which will start in September 2021.
Application deadline: 31 January 2021 (11:59 ECT)
University: Utrecht University
Duration: 1-2 years
Study level: Master
Number of scholarships: 20-25
Funded by: Utrecht Excellence Scholarship (UES) Fund
Available fields of study
- Earth And Sustainability
- Economics And Governance
- Health And Life Sciences
- Language, Literature, And Communication
- Mathematics And Information Sciences
- Media, Arts, Culture And History
- Natural Sciences
- Philosophy And Religious Studies
Social And Behavioural Sciences
The Utrecht Excellence scholarship takes two forms:
- tuition fees scholarship
- tuition fees plus 11.000 euro living expenses scholarship
note: Since the grant is not automatically a full scholarship, it may be necessary for candidates to secure additional funding to be able to finance their studies and stay completely.
To be eligible for a Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Hold an undergraduate degree in the same or a related field of study.
- Belong to the top 10% of their graduating class by demonstrating a letter or a class raking certificate.
- an official document issued by your university that proves you are among the top 10% of your graduating class, such as a statement signed and stamped by your University, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.
- Not hold an EU/EEA passport and not qualify for support under the Dutch system of study awards and loans;
- Have completed their secondary school and/or Bachelor degree outside the Netherlands;
- Have applied for an international master’s program at the university with a starting date of 1 September 2021. Read more here if UES relates to them.
- Submit an application for a Master’s program; otherwise, your UES application will not be accepted.
- Please note that students whose program, starting date is February 2021 are not eligible for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships.
- Be able to agree to the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa/residence permit.
Selection for a scholarship takes place on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic merit and commitment in the proposed field of study;
- The academic quality and results of previous qualifications;
- The quality and significance of the motivation letter for the Master’s program (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation);
- The quality of the application for the existing master’s scholarship itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
You may like:
- Pakistan 3000 Scholarships for Afghanistan for the academic year 2021-2022
- Holland Bachelor Scholarships for International Students at Wageningen University 2021
- MBZUAI MSc and PhD Scholarships 2021-22 for International Students in UAE [Fully-Funded]
HOW TO APPLY?
Eligible applicants can apply online for this scholarship. Applicants should first apply for a UU master’s program under UES funding coverage. After submitting an application for a Master’s program, you can go for UES online application, complete, and submit your application.
- Proof of raking sheet showing you belong to the top 10% of your graduating class.
- Documents of previous education such as certificates, transcripts, etc (in English).
- Scan of passport valid at the start of the program
- Proof of English language competency
- Two letters of recommendation letter
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
For more details, you may visit the official link Utrecht University – Utrecht Excellence Scholarship