Opportunity ID 2785
Scholarship and Educational news!
USAID has announced that the Afghanistan University Support and Workforce Development Program Supports the ministry of higher education and provides scholarships for faculty members of 11 public universities across Afghanistan for upgrading their qualification.
Public universities supported by USAID:
- Kabul university
- Kabul Medical University
- Shaheed Rabbani Education University
- Kabul Polytechnic University
- Nangarhar University
- Balkh University
- Kunduz University
- Herat University
- Jowzjan University
- Khost University
- Kandahar University
Benefits and activities that will be provided:
- Management training
- Technical assistance and support to the ministry of higher education to provide new degree programs in the universities
- Creating partnership between universities of Afghanistan and United States for new degree programs
- Scholarships for faculty members
The USWDP has accomplished the following result since 2013:
- Launched 32 different degree programs in the mentioned universities
- Partnership with 13 US universities to work with Afghanistan universities
- Curriculum development of 32 degree programs by USWDP
- Completion of 2 stages of quality assurance of partner universities.
- 70 scholarships for faculty member for promoting their qualification
- 30 gender scholarships for females.
- Facilitating the universities with technology system
- Soft skill training for students
- Policies, strategies and instructions for the ministry of higher education