Opportunity ID 16216
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
This course is a part of Health Courses on Coursera prepared by CU-Boulder. Learners who complete Science of Exercise will have a better physiological understanding of how your body responds to exercise, and will be able to determine behaviors, choices, and environments that affect your health and training. You will find out a number of major adjustments required by your body in order to appropriately respond to the physical stress of exercise, including changes in carbohydrate, fat and protein metabolism, nutritional considerations, causes of muscle soreness & tiredness, and the efficacy and dangers of performance-improving drugs.
It will challenge you by active learning assessments to apply this new knowledge via nutrition logs, heart rate monitoring, calculations of your total daily caloric spending and body mass index (BMI).
In last, you will test the scientific evidence for the health benefits of exercise including the prevention and treatment of heart disease, diabetes, cancer, obesity (weight loss), depression, and dementia.
Course offered by: Coursera Platform_ University of Colorado Boulder
Language: English (subtitles in other languages)
Learning mode: Online
Length: approx. 10 hours to finish
Start time: As per your schedule (flexible)
By the end of this course, you will mainly:
- Have an improved understanding of how your body responds to exercise, and will be able to determine behaviors, choices, and environments that affect your health and training,
- Examine the scientific indications of health benefits of exercise, and
- Be able to explore a number of drastic adjustments required by your body to react to stress of exercise.
For more information and course syllabus, please see the Resource/enrolment page in this course.
Skills you’ll gain
Fitness & Nutrition
You will have these opportunities during this course:
- Earning a certificate upon completion recognizing your achievements of the course
- 100% online _ you can start instantly and learn at your own schedule
- Course videos and readings
How to apply?
Interested learners can apply very easily for this course and get the course started now just by enrolling below.