Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSNot RequiredPTE AcademicCambridge qualification
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
About the scholarship
The University of Adelaide offers undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships to international students to reward them for their academic excellence. These scholarships are offered based on the applicants’ academic merit and study records in their previous level of education. Therefore, if you are interested in pursuing a degree in one of Australia’s top universities, you could apply for it.
Application deadline: open all during the year (still varying depending on the courses)
Start time: February 2022 intake
Levels of study: Bachelor’s, masters, and PhD
Fields of study: All fields (few exceptions apply)
- The scholarship offers a reduction in fees ranging between 15 to 30% for the standard duration of an undergraduate or postgraduate course.
- The scholarship does not cover other costs other than the fee reduction.
Applicants wishing to apply should meet the following criteria:
Criteria in terms of fees:
To begin an undergraduate qualification, applicants should be:
- Year 12 overseas student with at least an ATAR equivalent of 80 for a 15% tuition fee reduction.
- Year 12 foreign student with a minimum ATAR equivalent of 90 for a 30% tuition fee.
To commence a postgraduate qualification, applicants should have:
- Grade point average (GPA) of minimum 5.0/7 or equivalent to be eligible a 15% scholarship.
- Grade point average (GPA) of minimum 6.0/7 or equivalent to secure a 30% scholarship.
The scholarship is:
- Open to students who begin their course in the period between 2021-2025;
- Available for first-time direct-entry international undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students, including those who have to complete a Pre-Enrolment English Program (PEP)before their degree beginning;
- Should hold a minimum GPA score;
- Applicants should have a high school degree, an international baccalaureate or its equivalent for bachelor degree;
- For master degree, should hold a bachelor and for Ph.D. should hold a master qualification respectively;
- Citizens of any country (except Australia and New Zealand) can apply for this scholarship;
- Candidates must have a University of Adelaide admission offer (full or conditional) and maintain full-time fee-paying status.
- Applicants who are in receipt of a scholarship worth higher than 50% by any government agency are not eligible.
- Current students of UoA are also ineligible.
- Applicants for master’s or doctoral by research are not eligible.
English language requirements
The language requirement for entry to UoA is to have one of the accredited tests such as TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or CAE, however, other tests are also acceptable in separate cases.
Those who cannot provide evidence of such a test will need to complete an intensive English program satisfactorily before enrolment in a program.
How to apply?
Application for these scholarships is open throughout the year and there is no specific deadline however, applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to allow their relevant departments enough time to process their applications.
- PDF of academic transcripts and degree certificates for all school and tertiary education (original language and attested English translations).
- PDF of official English test results from IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson or Cambridge CAE/CPE (if applicable).
- Any syllabuses of subjects if you hope to be considered for advanced standing (credit transfer in PDF).
- PDF of any professional qualification or memberships you may own.
- Copy of your passport and visa (if applicable) in PDF.
- AUD $110 for the Application Fee (mandatory upon submission).
For further information on the scholarship, it is advisable for you to visit the university’s website.