Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 30
Fields of study Internship
Opportunity Type : Self Funded
Duration 4 Weeks
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 102831
Given the reality that the world is experiencing a situation in which the possibility of face-to-face training is very limited, the United Nations Institute for Research and Training (UNITAR) is delighted to offer an online United Nations Internship Preparation Program to bring the UN closer to the people.
In conformity with UNITAR’s mandate, this program seeks to bolster participants’ knowledge and skills in the areas of international affairs and diplomacy. So, if you are passionate about receiving an internship at the UN, do apply for this.
Application deadline: 22 April 2021
Program area: Multilateral diplomacy
Program dates: 3 May – 28 May 2021
The UN Internship Preparation Program is a four-week course and runs on UNITAR ́s virtual learning platform. The cornerstone of the Internship Preparation Training Programme will be four e-Learning modules. Every module contains reading material, multimedia files, a discussion forum for written exchanges and a multiple-choice assessment quiz. The course will contain the following modules:
The course modules are:
1: The United Nations
2: Conference Diplomacy
3: Negotiation Skills
4: Cosmopolitan Communication
The e-Learning modules will be supplemented by a series of live components provided by the UN experts with a focus on.
- The United Nations Systems
- UN Projects and Practicalities
- Job Application Skills
- Leadership Skills
- The UN’s Agenda 2030
- Public Speaking Skills
- Mock Interviews
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Virtual guided tour through the Nations Palace
In addition, each participant will be able to opt for one individual project to work on during the course. The projects are very similar to those of the real internship projects at the United Nations. They include the following four areas:
- Project Management
- Art and Design
- Outreach and Advocacy
Besides, participants will have to hand in their personal Curriculum Vitae (CV) as well as their Cover Letter (CL) via email during the program. The CV=CV will be reviewed by UNITAR staff and will count towards the final score the participant receives at the end on their transcript.
- The training is created and facilitated by established experts working at UN agencies.
- UNITAR staff assists in the organizational parts of the course and cooperates with participants on a daily basis.
- Will acquire unique experience of the UN and Geneva’s work.
- At the end of program, attendants will receive a UNITAR Certificate of Completion.
- Specifically, the program aims at enhancing the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary for participants to apply for UN internship positions anywhere in the UN System with confidence and ease and shine greatly in a potential job interview.
- This aims at helping young individuals build up knowledge and skills to be able to address global challenges and contribute to bettering people’s lives.
Who can participate?
- The UN Internship Preparation Program is open to all actors engaged in international affairs wishing to take on leadership roles in their relevant environment and to gain knowledge and skills related to the UN and International Geneva.
- University students, high school students, and other ambitious young leaders of similar background can apply.
- Junior professionals from the public and private sector and senior officials who are young at heart are similarly welcome to apply.
- To ensure the highest quality standards, the registration will be closed after 30 participants. Opportunities will be assigned to potential candidates on a first-come, first-served basis. Therefore you need to apply as soon as possible.
How to apply?
Interested applicants can apply for this program online by completing a registration below.
Create an account and then proceed with registration. You will be guided through the process.
Also, pay a visit to the main UNITAR website for additional information and the organizer’s contact address in case you face any questions.